First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
We’re up north, so that dictates this list.

Current route needing charging infrastructure: Duluth, MN to Seattle, WA. Drive it every summer.

Additional dream: same route, but covering HWY 2 (also gorgeous drive and sweet photo ops for the PR team) gets us to Glacier

Specific parks we visit that should have them: Olympic National Park, Mt. Rainier, Teddy Roosevelt, Glacier, Yellowstone, Apostle Island Lake Shore

Specific cities if Rivian wants to jump on it (this is the barebones to get the northern routes covered mixing Rivian and EA for fast charging) :
I90- Fargo, ND, Dickinson, ND, Miles City, MT, Billings MT
HWY 2 addition: Havre, MT
I second HWY2 in Skykomish and I-90 near Vantage.

Adding HWY20 in Newhalem on the West side of the pass and Winthrop/Twisp area on the East Side.

HWY97 in Pateros and Omak.

Out on the Coast - La Push, Clearwater, and Ocean Shores. I'd be shocked if the Olympic National Park wasn't already on the RAN to-do list.
Sponsored

Dlcromwell

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 VW Thing, 2020 Honda Passport, 2000 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
Great idea. I live in NW Montana, home base, Kalispell. I’d love to see RAN fast charging stations in these locations: Cut Bank, MT, Great Falls, MT, Havre, MT, Lewistown, MT and Glasgow, MT.

We have an incredibly diverse and beautiful state with long distances between centers of population and recreation areas. Hunting, fishing, rafting camping all require more fast charging stations even for the larger batteries..
I though try that I was the only one from MT crazy enough to buy a EV. Where do we charge once we get 250 miles from home? Actually 125 cause we have to get back home. We are snow birds who travel to AZ every winter and for the foreseeable future we will be driving the Honda back and forth. Wife would not tolerate stopping for 2-3 hour charges. It will be great to take on the local boys in their Mud Trucks at the Hilltop’s poker run with the R1T. I doubt that any of them can ford 3’ deep bogs. We can form our MT Rivian fan club next summer - membership 2. Keep in touch.

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
Leadville, CO - has one but needs upgrading. Gateway to some great camping and outdoor activity
Westcliffe, CO - Medano Pass area (Back way into the Great Sand Dunes) CR 559 & 69
Red Cliff, CO - This area is behind Vail which includes many of the 10th Mountain Division huts, camping and 4wheeling
Ouray, CO - Its called the Switzerland of America for a reason! Has access to outdoor activaties which would be good to charge up beforehand. Black Bear Pass Trailhead 13 miles away besides many other difficult 4wheeling passes
SW Colorado is my favorite wheeling area. Good charging there is at the top of my list. There are more Wheeling trails near Silverton CO than Ouray. Telluride is a nicer place to stay.

Moab UT is a close second.

mpbaker2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328i xDrive Sport Wagon
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Was chatting with Rebecca, Rivian is taking suggestions for RAN locations, so if something specific would share directly with them. Assume they're looking here too, but I gave a specific lake location where our family travels to. Closest EV charger is more than an hour away, so hopefully they hook us up there or a nearby town.

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Was chatting with Rebecca, Rivian is taking suggestions for RAN locations, so if something specific would share directly with them. Assume they're looking here too, but I gave a specific lake location where our family travels to. Closest EV charger is more than an hour away, so hopefully they hook us up there or a nearby town.
They need to look here lol!

I'd be happy to summarize and give them a concise list (contact me) of places their customers want RAN chargers. It'll save them a lot of research as most of us have already looked at Plugshare and ARBP :cool:

Sponsored

Galluprivian

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Teacher
I didn't look through all of these. How about:

Taos, NM
Pagosa Springs, CO
Ouray, CO
Moab, UT
Sedona, AZ
Cortez, CO
Gallup, NM

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I-80 thru WY is totally void of non-Tesla DC fast chargers except for Cheyenne. We need chargers in Evanston, Rock Springs, Rawlings and Laramie like Tesla has. This is a major east/west corridor and having this huge hole is going to be problematic for many potential non-Tesla EV’ers.

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
Living in CO I spend quite a bit of time in remote portions of CO and UT. Out of curiosity I started mapping past trips using PlugShare and ABRP and was pleasantly surprised that most of our adventures were possible with time and planning. Granted some charging locations weren't optimal, but did make some pretty remote areas possible. One area that would be almost impossible at this time would be areas around Canyonlands NP, but I expect that when Rivian owners start towing boats to Powell, things will change :)

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
One area that would be almost impossible at this time would be areas around Canyonlands NP, but I expect that when Rivian owners start towing boats to Powell, things will change :)
Will the chargers in Moab and Monticello not satisfy your need for Canyonlands? They aren’t RAN chargers, but there is charging capability there. The Rocky Mountain Power one in Moab is free.

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
Will the chargers in Moab and Monticello not satisfy your need for Canyonlands? They aren’t RAN chargers, but there is charging capability there. The Rocky Mountain Power one in Moab is free.
As long as you stayed on the pavement...probably. Some of our more remote camping and even "light" 4 wheeling adventures in those areas would require some additional charging options. Especially with the fact that we are sometimes out for multiple days...and I will be using that overly priced sweet camp kitchen :)

garthkoyle

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14' Honda Odyssey, 2020 Lincoln Navigator L Reserve
Island Park, Idaho
Sun Valley, Idaho
(115+ miles from even any EA location)

That calling it kinda close to complete a round trip on a full charge, especially if you're pulling a trailer loaded with several snowmobiles, gear and friends in the cold temps or hauling several cords of wood out of the forest.

Last edited:

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
Appreciating everyone’s responses:

1. Rivian should do an “adventure magazine” (both online and in print) featuring owners and their treks using the Rivian charging network. Great marketing on the R1T and R1S products’ real world use in the wild and a great way for us to learn about different ways to get outdoors! Owners could have access online to post “trip tips” and that forum would be a good way for Rivian to monitor charging network use and maintenance required.
2. I hope Rivian is taking in all of the advice in this thread. Rivian should really capitalize and market their “adventure network”. Especially to all of the state parks and highways/byways. Low hanging fruit way for Rivian to really set its product and charging network apart.

OP
OP
RivianXpress

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Appreciating everyone’s responses:

1. Rivian should do an “adventure magazine” (both online and in print) featuring owners and their treks using the Rivian charging network. Great marketing on the R1T and R1S products’ real world use in the wild and a great way for us to learn about different ways to get outdoors! Owners could have access online to post “trip tips” and that forum would be a good way for Rivian to monitor charging network use and maintenance required.
2. I hope Rivian is taking in all of the advice in this thread. Rivian should really capitalize and market their “adventure network”. Especially to all of the state parks and highways/byways. Low hanging fruit way for Rivian to really set its product and charging network apart.
EXACTLY!

There is such a wide variety of pre-order people here with really varying needs. Everything from towing boats and snowmobiles, to hauling dirt bikes and Mountain bikes to those that want to boon-dock camp with the onboard kitchen.

Their marketing department could highlight each one of these every month with an in-depth web article highlighting the trucks, locations and people. A real no- brainer if you ask me. It practically writes itself and would sell more trucks no doubt!

Great suggestion!
Sponsored