Wish List - Rivian Adventure Network (RAN) locations

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Leadville, CO - has one but needs upgrading. Gateway to some great camping and outdoor activity
Westcliffe, CO - Medano Pass area (Back way into the Great Sand Dunes) CR 559 & 69
Red Cliff, CO - This area is behind Vail which includes many of the 10th Mountain Division huts, camping and 4wheeling
Ouray, CO - Its called the Switzerland of America for a reason! Has access to outdoor activaties which would be good to charge up beforehand. Black Bear Pass Trailhead 13 miles away besides many other difficult 4wheeling passes
Sponsored

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Leadville, CO - has one but needs upgrading. Gateway to some great camping and outdoor activity
Westcliffe, CO - Medano Pass area (Back way into the Great Sand Dunes) CR 559 & 69
Red Cliff, CO - This area is behind Vail which includes many of the 10th Mountain Division huts, camping and 4wheeling
Ouray, CO - Its called the Switzerland of America for a reason! Has access to outdoor activaties which would be good to charge up beforehand. Black Bear Pass Trailhead 13 miles away besides many other difficult 4wheeling passes
I'll tack on Durango, Telluride & Gunnison

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Utica IL, Starve Rock State Park on the Illinois River

Only an hour North of Normal... I'm just saying Rivian.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park
Yosemite
Joshua Tree.

Actually in the Parks. If you are camping in Sequoia for a week, you don’t want to make the drive out of the park to charge.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Sequoia/Kings Canyon National Park
Yosemite
Joshua Tree.

Actually in the Parks. If you are camping in Sequoia for a week, you don’t want to make the drive out of the park to charge.
This brings up a couple of interesting questions.
1) How many national parks have (enough) 3 phase 480 to support 200+ kW chargers?
None of the Joshua Tree campgrounds have electrical hookups, there are no restaurants or other operations that would need 480.
2) Can a private company put equipment in a National Park for the exclusive use of their customers and not the general public?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
This brings up a couple of interesting questions.
1) How many national parks have (enough) 3 phase 480 to support 200+ kW chargers?
None of the Joshua Tree campgrounds have electrical hookups, there are no restaurants or other operations that would need 480.
2) Can a private company put equipment in a National Park for the exclusive use of their customers and not the general public?
Probably not to #2, and as for #1, there aren't that many gas stations in national parks either. I suspect that inside park boundaries, the emphasis will more likely be on Level 2 charging -- after all, cars spend many long hours parked at trailheads and campgrounds. I would only expect fast charging to be about as prevalent as gas stations -- probably clustered near-but-outside-of entrances with the occasional in-park offering in very developed areas.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
This is where I hope some of the 500,000 charging stations the Biden administration wants to facilitate might land in National Parks.

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Highway 26 in John Day, OR

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'll tack on Durango, Telluride & Gunnison
This. This. This.

California has its tesla chargers. We need the RAN in the mountain coast.

Also, there appear to be zero CCS chargers in the state of Wyoming. We very much need a way to drive from Denver to Jackson.

stephenheuer

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron First Edition, Audi RS3, R1T LE
We need chargers between Minneapolis and National Forests, National Parks, and State Forests in Northern MN.
* Brainerd, MN,
* Bemidji, MN
* Grand Rapids, MN
* Ely, MN
* International Falls, MN

And up the north shore of Lake Superior.
* Duluth, MN
* Two Harbors, MN
* Lutsen, MN
* Grand Portage, MN

And one at Tobies Restaurant & Bakery in Hinkley, MN so I can charge while I eat some caramel rolls.

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
We need chargers between Minneapolis and National Forests, National Parks, and State Forests in Northern MN.
* Brainerd, MN,
* Bemidji, MN
* Grand Rapids, MN
* Ely, MN
* International Falls, MN

And up the north shore of Lake Superior.
* Duluth, MN
* Two Harbors, MN
* Lutsen, MN
* Grand Portage, MN

And one at Tobies Restaurant & Bakery in Hinkley, MN so I can charge while I eat some caramel rolls.
@stephenheuer - Wondering how you like your e-tron? I was thinking of one, but no third row. Still might get a used one while waiting on the R1S.

jayazusa

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Technology

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
@stephenheuer - Wondering how you like your e-tron? I was thinking of one, but no third row. Still might get a used one while waiting on the R1S.
Here is a recent video of a long trip with the e-tron.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind those massage seats...
Sponsored