Wisconsin Service?

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
For any Wisconsin owners that have needed service, can you let me know what services you had performed and whether you had to travel to the Chicago service center or if they resolved it with mobile service.

Thanks,
Ben
Sponsored

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Hey Ben,

I live in Madison and have had a few service items, none serious, that have been cared for by both the Chicago Service Center and mobile service. Both experiences were top notch. I chose the mobile service option for the items below as I couldn't work in a trip to Chicago at that point and they were such minor issues that I didn't mind the wait for the mobile service. What I had fixed were some minor trim fitment issues, body panel alignment problems and the tailgate wasn't dropping upon button press with gravity as it should have been. Tried to track down some annoying interior squeak/rattle sounds as well but couldn't replicate with the mobile technician.

Be aware that they were booking out a long time so make sure you can live with the issues for a couple of months before deciding.

I work in the Loop twice a month so dropping off the truck for additional work is not a big issue for me and having that choice takes a lot of the stress out of the equation. It will be nice to have a closer service center option when they open Milwaukee at some point.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
thebwk

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I appreciate the feedback! Were the results of your body panel adjustments as expected? Any word on when a Milwaukee service center is opening?

AaronTV

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Model 3, 2024 Mustang GT
Occupation
Self Employed
I live in Appleton and have had my r1t since August, putting ~6k miles on it. I've had mobile service up twice. The first time was for the recall to check the torque on suspension components. The 2nd was to calibrate the seats so that positions could be saved to memory. That 2nd one was scheduled about 5 weeks out.

Both times, I was happy with the communication from Rivian and haven't had any negative experiences thus far.

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

I live in Appleton and have had my r1t since August, putting ~6k miles on it. I've had mobile service up twice. The first time was for the recall to check the torque on suspension components. The 2nd was to calibrate the seats so that positions could be saved to memory. That 2nd one was scheduled about 5 weeks out.

Both times, I was happy with the communication from Rivian and haven't had any negative experiences thus far.
I'm in Kaukauna, so the above is great news to me.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'm more rural than others and had mobile up here once to replace fasteners. The tech was fine and it only took 2 weeks out for the appointment but the tech was not given enough fasteners and said I should drive to the Chicago SC for the others. I found it hard to believe they don't just have a junk jar full of various fasteners they might need.

The experience wasn't bad but it was disappointing. I'm just going to wait until under body panels fall off before bothering again.

ETA: even when Milwaukee SC is open it only saves me about 45 minutes so I do hope I can rely upon mobile service.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2003 Nissan 350Z
Clubs

I don't suppose anyone in this thread has ever gotten direct contact info for the chicago service center, have ya? a phone number or an email or anything? I won't reveal who I got it from ;)

There seems to be confusion btwn my guide and the chicago service center about who is responsible for my pickup/delivery. My VIN-acquired, insured and paid for R1T is apparently "factory gated" and sitting in Normal currently, and I would very happily drive down and free her from Normal today, but the guide is saying it must have a final inspection at the chicago service center, and i'm going to have to pick-up or arrange delivery of it from there... and no word when it's going to be sent over there... sigh. I'm hoping maybe I could speak with someone at the Chicago service center directly to get a better understanding than what my guide is telling me.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I'm not a fan of the Chicago service center sadly.

They do not provide clear signs for where to go, and it seems to change every time I go. It is on a small side street in a bad neighborhood.

When Rivian called and made an appointment for the latest recall, when I got there the service employee said let me see who is around, everyone is on lunch....

So you make an appointment then have all the techs take lunch during the appointment.

They are friendly though, but they just have an air of disorder and chaos.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Just got my recall done there as well and was cleared. You’re not wrong about the chaos bit. My general sense is they are in rush mode to get trucks prepped and out the door. Both lots were stacked with trucks and EDVs on Wednesday. But yeah, “Economically diverse” neighborhood, Walnut street is narrow as heck and Damien is closed right there at Lake making it a PITA to navigate around. Looking forward to the Milwaukee SC opening but I’m in Chicago for work quite often so dropping by that SC isn’t as inconvenient as it is for folks who have to drive in from way out of town. I feel you

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I don't suppose anyone in this thread has ever gotten direct contact info for the chicago service center, have ya? a phone number or an email or anything? I won't reveal who I got it from ;)

There seems to be confusion btwn my guide and the chicago service center about who is responsible for my pickup/delivery. My VIN-acquired, insured and paid for R1T is apparently "factory gated" and sitting in Normal currently, and I would very happily drive down and free her from Normal today, but the guide is saying it must have a final inspection at the chicago service center, and i'm going to have to pick-up or arrange delivery of it from there... and no word when it's going to be sent over there... sigh. I'm hoping maybe I could speak with someone at the Chicago service center directly to get a better understanding than what my guide is telling me.
Rivian basically doesn’t allow direct contact with service centers but talking to them isn’t going to change your situation anyway. You likely don’t want to bypass Chicago getting it first because there may be things they need to fix or adjust before delivery.

Also, despite what others have said, the Chicago service center is not in a bad neighborhood, especially when compared to actual bad neighborhoods in Chicago. It’s basically the west loop, north of the United Center and south of Wicker Park. It’s not where you’d want to live, because it’s not a residential area, but it’s not bad.

Sponsored

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Can mobile service fix any sort of panel gap related issues or similar? I noticed today that the rear driver wheel flare molding sticks out a bit. It's honestly nothing that gets me too worked up, but if mobile service can take care of that I have no problem waiting a while for them to come out vs. getting down to CHI SC to fix.

On a related note, the SC future location sites specifically say Menomonee Falls, WI, so I'm hoping they are further along on a location for WI.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Has anybody seen anything to suggest the Menomonee Falls service center is anything more than a yellow box on the map meaning "in the works"?

I can't find anything on internet, like hiring personnel, building permit, etc...

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

No other firm updates other than "It's coming". The service manager at the Chicago location specifically mentioned they couldn't wait for that to happen as it will take pressure off them from deliveries/service requests, etc.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Anyone seen anything regarding Menomonee Falls future service location? I can't find anything in my internet search suggesting any movement on it....no hiring posts, no bidding of any construction, etc...

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

Anyone seen anything regarding Menomonee Falls future service location? I can't find anything in my internet search suggesting any movement on it....no hiring posts, no bidding of any construction, etc...
Nothing firm but I picked up my R1S from service in CHI last Saturday and the rep there said it was supposed to be done 4Q22 but didn’t because of “political” reasons so maybe issues with permitting or regulations. He did say the current expected time was by early next year or end of this year if lucky. I haven’t heard anything beyond that. I don’t monitor hiring posts or anything though.

edit: I did just find this: https://goodgigs.app/job/field-serv...m_source=google_jobs_apply&utm_medium=organic
Sponsored