Sponsored

Winter Tire/Tire Exchange Saga - Keep getting the run around!

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I'm only using 1 set of wheels, so it would be difficult to drive the vehicle home without them. Hahahah.
Difficult but not impossible right?

The jack pucks are the way to go. Just make sure you call the shops in advance. Some shops don't have rigs that can handle a 22" wheel. Some will make it work..but you don't really want that either.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I bought the pucks from jackpucks.com so I am good to go!

My only question is if I take delivery in the next 1-2 weeks, is it really worth putting on the winter tires for essentially the month of March? I have maybe 2 trips to the mountains planned, but I may just hold off as it warms up down here in Denver.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I bought the pucks from jackpucks.com so I am good to go!

My only question is if I take delivery in the next 1-2 weeks, is it really worth putting on the winter tires for essentially the month of March? I have maybe 2 trips to the mountains planned, but I may just hold off as it warms up down here in Denver.
If your tires are pretty new and you aren't planning on driving in deep snow, you probably don't need winter tires this season at this point.

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
As a Denver skier, I can only see the need if you're going through one of the passes or there is a massive storm on i70.

I hit up WP and find that in the mornings whiles it's icy, there is one driver going 15mph and negates the real need for winter tires lol.

There's been only one time this season that I drove through i70 in a lot of snow. I was super thankful to have the winter tires, but the rest of the season I've lucked out with good roads, or a driver going super slow.

I would avoid a winter set, but that's just me!

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
As a Denver skier, I can only see the need if you're going through one of the passes or there is a massive storm on i70.

I hit up WP and find that in the mornings whiles it's icy, there is one driver going 15mph and negates the real need for winter tires lol.

There's been only one time this season that I drove through i70 in a lot of snow. I was super thankful to have the winter tires, but the rest of the season I've lucked out with good roads, or a driver going super slow.

I would avoid a winter set, but that's just me!
That's my thought. I'll probably roll with the stock 22's for the rest of this season and wait until next November to install the winters.
Sponsored