ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
Michelin Search by Size

It only shows the Defender LTX and X LT (at least for me). Anyone have a link to an X-Ice with 116 rating ? I can't explain any stock tires being 115, only that when I search by vehicle, it shows no Michelin snow tires for that size. Costco wouldn't install the all season LTX this summer (prior to the LTX2 release)
Sponsored

Smeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (Quad Motor, Granite
Occupation
physician
116 now however the early ones are 115
oh thanks for the info. they are also XL not SL but this difference is trivial for my use.

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
Zero luck with DiscountTire - They suggested using the 65's. Maybe I'll go a season with the Defender LTX's and hope Ice-X 116 arrives before next winter. I'd prefer to have summer/winter tires same outside diameter.

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
I phoned Michelin in the remote hope they'd tell me about an upcoming Ice-X 2 116 but got nothing. I wish Rivian had kept using 115's. It seems to have trapped current owners into extremely limited tire options.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have the X-Ice Snow 275/50R22/XL 115H and the load rating is identical to the stock Pirelli 22's currently on my truck. I think they may have updated this to 116 but mine is an early 2023 VIN. You should be fine - doubt you'll notice the difference at 115 and 116.

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
@DTown3011 I believe you. Tire stores annoyingly won't install them. I can keep making calls down the list of smaller shops near me though before I give up. The Rivian support person claimed the R1S was 8k lbs so needed the 116's (I didn't go into the calculation detail, he admitted some had 115 rated tires stock).

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@DTown3011 I believe you. Tire stores annoyingly won't install them. I can keep making calls down the list of smaller shops near me though before I give up. The Rivian support person claimed the R1S was 8k lbs so needed the 116's (I didn't go into the calculation detail, he admitted some had 115 rated tires stock).
I mean I can take a picture and show you my stock 22's which have 115 written right on them!

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
I've resigned to use the Pirelli AT's for one winter and cross my fingers Michelin or Bridgetone releases an XL snow tire in 60 series. Short of that, maybe the 65 series BLIZZAK LT. I could be wrong but for a winter tire, maybe there's not as much downside to using the 65 choices (other than having different size summer/winter setup).
Sponsored