Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2006 Cadillac XLR-V
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Had mine replaced about a month ago, same quote around $1800 bucks. They also need to replace a heater element film that keeps the camera from fogging up and calibrate the camera after installation. Rocks suck.
I think there is also heater strips under the wiper blades that have to be replaced.
Sponsored

Q-ship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Model X Plaid, 2022 Model Y perf
With enough force, everything breaks. What ExoShield does is to lessen chances of chipping/cracking. It doesn’t make it 100% failure proof. Short of putting up a metal barrier, nothing can make the windshield 100% failure proof.

I have STEK Dynoshield on my Model X and Model Y. I’ve taken several hard hits, and, although it is impossible to know for certain, I think that I have saved myself at least a couple of broken windshields. Also, it just reduces my stress level driving on I 15 along the Wasatch front, where every other vehicle is a dump truck spewing dirt and gravel out of its open bed.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I have STEK Dynoshield on my Model X and Model Y. I’ve taken several hard hits, and, although it is impossible to know for certain, I think that I have saved myself at least a couple of broken windshields.
Do you have DYNOShield or DYNOflex? The former is PPF for painted services. The latter is for windshields.

https://www.stek-usa.com/windshield-film/

Q-ship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Model X Plaid, 2022 Model Y perf
Do you have DYNOShield or DYNOflex? The former is PPF for painted services. The latter is for windshields.

https://www.stek-usa.com/windshield-film/
Sorry, I misspoke. I have both. There was a stop sale on the windshield film a while back due to distortion. Mine has been fine. My PPF guy stopped using it because of distortion issues. He just started installing windshield film again. I’m not sure he’s using STEK or another product. I will be getting windshield film on my R1S, whatever brand he is using currently.

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I had my PPF vendor install Clearplex by Madico after 2 replacements from rock damage on the highway. Has saved me several times.🙏🤞
Sponsored