Sponsored

Will Rivian ever deliver vehicles to non-employees?

Will Rivian ever delivery non-employee vehicles?

• Yes

• No

• Probably, but I'm concerned

Results are only viewable after voting.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I think (hope) the question is rhetorical, but I'm getting very concerned about the status and progress of Rivian. I know this will likely be a controversial topic, so apologies in advance.

Remember when all LE holders were told that we'd be contacted by guides, AND given estimated delivery dates by Thanksgiving? None of this has happened, and at this point I consider these statements to just be flat-out lying to customers. (with the understanding that Thanksgiving is still a few days away)
I agree with your concerns, and share them. But I'm not sure how firm a "by Thanksgiving" commitment we have Rivian...

Back in August someone in this forum posted that he was told by a guide or CS that all R1T LE holders would be contacted by Thanksgiving. More recently I've seen messages that claimed ALL preorder holders and/or ALL LE preorder holders will be contacted, again, from CS conversations. Its much less clear to me that we should expect specific estimated delivery dates that apply to specific orders. Its possible we get an update of Rivian's overall delivery targets. I could easily be wrong, and welcome corrections, but is there an actual Official Rivian communication documenting the "Thanksgiving delivery estimate communication" to preorder holders"?

A google search of my emails referencing Thanksgiving from Rivian only finds this April 23 comment:

"A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. ......

But I'm still hopeful we'll be getting a specific communication with estimated timing for our specific orders.
Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I agree with your concerns, and share them. But I'm not sure how firm a "by Thanksgiving" commitment we have Rivian...

Back in August someone in this forum posted that he was told by a guide or CS that all R1T LE holders would be contacted by Thanksgiving. More recently I've seen messages that claimed ALL preorder holders and/or ALL LE preorder holders will be contacted, again, from CS conversations. Its much less clear to me that we should expect specific estimated delivery dates that apply to specific orders. Its possible we get an update of Rivian's overall delivery targets. I could easily be wrong, and welcome corrections, but is there an actual Official Rivian communication documenting the "Thanksgiving delivery estimate communication" to preorder holders"?

A google search of my emails referencing Thanksgiving from Rivian only finds this April 23 comment:

"A dedicated Rivian Guide will be assigned to every preorder holder. Guides will begin reaching out in May based on the above three factors, however, due to the large number of preorders, many of you won’t be in this initial cohort of outreach. We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving. ......

But I'm still hopeful we'll be getting a specific communication with estimated timing for our specific orders.
The most recent official communication was that all LE holders would be contacted.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
The most recent official communication was that all LE holders would be contacted.
I could have forgotten/missed it. What and when was that communication? What information was to be provided, or did it just reiterating the 4/23 email that all would be contacted by a guide?

OP
OP

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX

I double-checked to make sure I wasn't going crazy (which is quite possible, normally). This is what is currently on the website. Looks like they took out the Thanksgiving part, and just made it generically "November". But still says we should get delivery timing.

All R1T and R1S Launch Edition preorder holders will hear from their Guide by the end of November with their expected delivery timing.
https://stories.rivian.com/deliveries-drivetour-accessories

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
If the entire operation - the billions of dollars spent, facilities owned, processes developed, decade of R&D, many hundreds of trucks built, etc etc - is such a fraud that only a few employees will ever get a truck...

...then the very clear language in their S1 was so clearly premeditated fraud, that RJ and others would literally go to jail.

Unless you think RJ's plan was to go to jail, just relax

(Yes, their communication still needs to improve)

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I believe they will deliver. If I had all the doubts, concerns and mistrust you have, I would have bailed out by now. But I’ve also funded Kickstarter campaigns, so I’m used to this.

Startups are difficult in the best of times. COVID and supply chain issues have made it worse. Communication has been poor, but I don’t see it as a cover for what would be the largest scam ever if these worst case accusations were true.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Rivian R1T R1S Will Rivian ever deliver vehicles to non-employees? %2F0a%2F13%2Fc4%2F0a13c46e698a8bb631443b5312d20010

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I double-checked to make sure I wasn't going crazy (which is quite possible, normally). This is what is currently on the website. Looks like they took out the Thanksgiving part, and just made it generically "November". But still says we should get delivery timing.

https://stories.rivian.com/deliveries-drivetour-accessories
Thanks for pointing this out. Went back and looked through my email files, the link to this "Rivian Story" was in the May 27 email from Rivian. The May 27 version of this webpage on the Wayback machine says end of November also, though noteably, the May 27 version still said deliveries starting in July. But yeah, think there is a Thanksgiving reference somewhere from Rivian.

https://web.archive.org/web/2021052...s.rivian.com/deliveries-drivetour-accessories

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Volvo XC 90
Occupation
Engineer
No doubt, Rivian will start delivering at some point. Is the business model sustainable? Can they make a profit? Will they be around in 10 years to service your truck.

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
These showed up at the Service Center in Bellevue WA this morning (11/19/21 Friday AM)--not mine, from another forum on FB. Possible non-employee deliveries?? Maybe I see AdamL's on there!!?!!?

Rivian R1T R1S Will Rivian ever deliver vehicles to non-employees? 1637380872448

Sponsored

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
No doubt, Rivian will start delivering at some point. Is the business model sustainable? Can they make a profit? Will they be around in 10 years to service your truck.
Those are indeed the pertinent questions. Does it really matter if I'm contacted on Nov 29th instead of Nov 25th?

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Exactly my thinking. Clearly, this was all a ruse!

I'm sorry but these kinds of hyperbolic posts need to die. Even if it's trying to be "cute" it does nothing. Of course, Rivian has intentions of delivering, of course, they will, it's a matter of time. Debating the "whens" is already tiring at this point, but understandable. Yes we ALL want our f&*king trucks, we don't need to keep crying to each other about it - yet here we are. All we can do is wait until Rivian gets their production in gear, solves early issues, solves pipeline issues, solves hiring issues... There's a lot going on. I assume by going public via IPO they intend to deliver vehicles. Cool your jets folks. The wait sucks but we ALL get it, we're ALL in it.
Some you you laughed when Elon said… ahh manufacturing is hard. Really hard.
I don’t hear a lot of laughing now.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

It's easy to focus on the missed deadlines and completely forget about all the met ones. There have been many in the last several months that have been delivered on. Start of production (yes they did start), first drive events, mobile test drives, gear shop, service centers completion and commencing.
Gear shop? Ummm... No. They said the gear shop would be open by the end of 2020.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
These showed up at the Service Center in Bellevue WA this morning (11/19/21 Friday AM)--not mine, from another forum on FB. Possible non-employee deliveries?? Maybe I see AdamL's on there!!?!!?

1637380872448.png
Well unless they’re putting the other wheels on at the service Center, neither of those blues are mine sadly ?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

1637380872448.png
That's interesting. I was also by there this morning and I saw a different truckload of 4 vehicles. So that makes 9 today. Wow.

Sorry, not a great video but I was driving.
Sponsored