Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

I was just up in Stowe, VT, and drove through some messy though not deep snow. The 21” wheels did fine in Snow Mode. I’m still looking for summer and winter tires to replace these Pirellis but I’ll be taking my time now and will only do it when these are worn.

As for off-road events, apparently there’s an annual event in South Royalton, VT, called the Pilgrimage Overland. There’s a campsite deep in the woods accessible by several classes of trail. Perhaps this will work for a New England Rivian meet up.
Cool idea, just checking their site

https://the-pilgrimage.com/

It's $350 to be 15 minutes from home...maybe we can just see which roads they use and do our own drive, and not have to wait till october either :)
Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Cool idea, just checking their site

https://the-pilgrimage.com/

It's $350 to be 15 minutes from home...maybe we can just see which roads they use and do our own drive, and not have to wait till october either :)
I’m hoping for a day trip just to put my toes in the water before doing a full camping trip.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
R1T owner here in Brookfield VT. I took delivery 2-1/2 weeks ago.
It’s nice to be a newbie.
I drove a friends today (he has 21,500 miles) and his AT’s are SOOOO much louder than my 21’s it’s shocking. Conversely you can’t hear anywhere near as much suspension noise in his truck.

Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
I’m interested in doing a comparison R1T with R1S. I’m inside 128 in Boston and Saturday April 22 would be ideal. I’ll bring my T and would love to get a couple of people with an S to meet and chat. Should I suggest a location or does someone have a good spot?

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

There is probably a better place where to post this. Just got it today, I highly recommend. Easy to install/take down and compact packaging. I am new to off roading and over landing so there is maybe a better/cheaper solution out there?

https://moonfab.com/products/moonshade

44D7A3D4-B6F8-4B5A-8081-489367EF59D7.jpeg
313DB140-0BE2-4CFF-9C24-20068367B979.jpeg
843A3531-2034-4310-A29E-DEFD18DEEFEB.jpeg
I just installed my Moonshade. One person set up was easy. I bring my R1T to a lot of EV events. The shade was much appreciated.
I added pipe insulation to the roof pole to protect the R1T from damage and niteize gear ties to attach the pole to the roof tie downs.

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? inbound4876029083412493178

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? inbound6757478437308433194

RivianNE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla 3 LR Dual|2021 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
I just installed my Moonshade. One person set up was easy. I bring my R1T to a lot of EV events. The shade was much appreciated.
I added pipe insulation to the roof pole to protect the R1T from damage and niteize gear ties to attach the pole to the roof tie downs.

inbound4876029083412493178.jpg

inbound6757478437308433194.jpg
Nice! Good idea (pipe insulation), I will do the same.

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

I’m interested in doing a comparison R1T with R1S. I’m inside 128 in Boston and Saturday April 22 would be ideal. I’ll bring my T and would love to get a couple of people with an S to meet and chat. Should I suggest a location or does someone have a good spot?
This month, Drive Electric is hosting Earth Day EV events all over the US. I attended on yesterday in Westborough MA. We had two R1T's and one R1S there. Check out https://driveelectricearthday.org/ for other events this month. The individual event pages list which EVs will be in attendance. I will be at the Lowell event on 4/29. An R1S is also registered for it.

pmakk_r1s

First Name
Preet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Finance
I have a R1S with about 4000 miles and live right on 95. I am away this weekend but would be open for a meetup 4/29 or 4/30.

Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I can tell that the normies are starting to get Rivians because half the time that I encounter other Rivians now they won't even acknowledge me when I wave or flash my lights 😔

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
I have a R1S with about 4000 miles and live right on 95. I am away this weekend but would be open for a meetup 4/29 or 4/30.
I’ll have to check schedule at the beginning of the week but if you’re close to Waltham there’s a Home Depot with a large parking lot that is a quick and central place to get to. Let me know if that doesn’t work.

pmakk_r1s

First Name
Preet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
Finance
I’ll have to check schedule at the beginning of the week but if you’re close to Waltham there’s a Home Depot with a large parking lot that is a quick and central place to get to. Let me know if that doesn’t work.
Waltham works for me!

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

Which is it? Saturday or Sunday? What time?

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
My wife is flying back into town tonight so I’ll know my schedule then. Does either day around 9am NOT work?
Sponsored