Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

31ectr0nicB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
El Cap on 117 is probably my wife, she takes it regularly towards work.... cops called last week stating grey R1T was reported by a neighbor speeding... i told cop its my wife and that i'll have to have a talk with her tonight, he said "good luck" and hung up.

i haven't talked to her about it yet.
Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Can we arrange a meet up in New England? Anyone know where we can drive into the woods for granola fest? Maybe camp fire?
I was just thinking the same thing. I've never done any off-roading, but I'd love to find some trails with other Rivian somewhere maybe around the 495 loop or somewhere in southern NH. Anybody here have experience with that?

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I was just thinking the same thing. I've never done any off-roading, but I'd love to find some trails with other Rivian somewhere maybe around the 495 loop or somewhere in southern NH. Anybody here have experience with that?
Unfortunately, many trails accessible from the Boston metro area are no longer accessible to trucks and SUVs. A few MA state parks went motorcycle only and some popular NH roads went class A (pedestrian only).

Sponsored

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Unfortunately, many trails accessible from the Boston metro area are no longer accessible to trucks and SUVs. A few MA state parks went motorcycle only and some popular NH roads went class A (pedestrian only).
October mountain or Pittsfield state forest?

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Can we arrange a meet up in New England? Anyone know where we can drive into the woods for granola fest? Maybe camp fire?
I know a number of decent class 5 roads out in Ashburnham/Winchendon area that I used to wheel my Tacoma on all the time.

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

I know a number of decent class 5 roads out in Ashburnham/Winchendon area that I used to wheel my Tacoma on all the time.
That could be a good spot — central to all save the Mainers.

Is there good fishing on Upper and Lower Naukeag Lakes? Why is Upper Naukeag Lake south of Lower Naukeag Lake?

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Upper is a drinking water reservoir, iirc. I did live in that town for 20 years or so. Never had a lot of luck fishing there.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Non off-road person here. How stupid will it be taking 21” road tires “off road”? By the way, I had a loaner with 22’s and it was sliding around with very minor snow on the ground so I’d never personally take a truck with 22’s off the street.

Sponsored

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Non off-road person here. How stupid will it be taking 21” road tires “off road”? By the way, I had a loaner with 22’s and it was sliding around with very minor snow on the ground so I’d never personally take a truck with 22’s off the street.
Depends what you mean by off road. The 21s are fine on dirt and gravel. None of the stock tires are good on icy surfaces.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Thanks. Sounds like I’m in my first vehicle where I really have to get snow tires.

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

I was just up in Stowe, VT, and drove through some messy though not deep snow. The 21” wheels did fine in Snow Mode. I’m still looking for summer and winter tires to replace these Pirellis but I’ll be taking my time now and will only do it when these are worn.

As for off-road events, apparently there’s an annual event in South Royalton, VT, called the Pilgrimage Overland. There’s a campsite deep in the woods accessible by several classes of trail. Perhaps this will work for a New England Rivian meet up.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I was just up in Stowe, VT, and drove through some messy though not deep snow. The 21” wheels did fine in Snow Mode. I’m still looking for summer and winter tires to replace these Pirellis but I’ll be taking my time now and will only do it when these are worn.

As for off-road events, apparently there’s an annual event in South Royalton, VT, called the Pilgrimage Overland. There’s a campsite deep in the woods accessible by several classes of trail. Perhaps this will work for a New England Rivian meet up.

Same thing, we headed up to Sunday river this past weekend and the 21's didn't have any issue with the sloppy roads. Even found another R1T charging next to us.

Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? PXL_20230226_130311224

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

Just dropped off my truck for service at the Chelsea center. There are many R1Ss inside and outside. I’m guessing there’s going to be a lot of folks finally getting their Rivians in the next few weeks.
Sponsored