Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

You need to file for an abatement on the Trade-in's MA excise tax and submit it to your town's board of assessors. This is not automatic and you get nothing back if you do not file the form. You can get the generic form from mass.gov or check with you town if they have something specific. I just did this for my trade in and got a few hundred back on it. You should always do this when you trade in a somewhat-new car or it's totaled out. But I suspect many people do not.

As for the excise tax on the R1T, it would have been prorated for the portion of 2022 you own it. The tax amount is $25 for every $1000 of the car's value.
Valuation = MSRP * 90%, (the 90% factor is because the 2022 R1T is new and hasn't depreciated yet. Next year, it drops to 60% and keeps dropping eventually to 10%)
Excise Tax is $25 per $1000 of valuation * (number of months you owned it / 12)
~$75K * 90% * $25/$1000 * 8months/12months = roughly $1100
Super helpful, thanks. For reference, their valuation is $71500. It's supposed to be on the base price of the vehicle.

When I got my Model 3, I was taxed for nearly the full price, even though things like primium and autopilot were add ons at the time. I was able to submit the moroney sticker to the RMV to get them to approve the proper base value, and then take that letter to the city and get an abatement. Yeah, everything is stacked against you.

But Rivian's Moroney doesn't help here, just stating R1T Adventure and full price
Sponsored

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Got guide assignment and 8 steps open today. Getting insurance paperwork in MA is proving to be the most challenging part of the process.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Got guide assignment and 8 steps open today. Getting insurance paperwork in MA is proving to be the most challenging part of the process.
Patrick Bonner at Stanton Insurance in Waltham worked everything out with my guide and the woman who does all the title work. He will know exactly who referred you ;)

[email protected]

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

yay!! I got assigned a guide Today! It's already late here so I won't bother them until Tomorrow. W00t!!!

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
yay!! I got assigned a guide Today! It's already late here so I won't bother them until Tomorrow. W00t!!!
When you get your trucks, let us know where they are re production. I’m in the early 6900’s and I know it was built in May but haven’t been able to determine the exact date yet.

Sponsored

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Patrick Bonner at Stanton Insurance in Waltham worked everything out with my guide and the woman who does all the title work. He will know exactly who referred you ;)

[email protected]
Thanks! Don't want to switch my entire insurance portfolio, but I will if I have to.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
When you get your trucks, let us know where they are re production. I’m in the early 6900’s and I know it was built in May but haven’t been able to determine the exact date yet.
I'm at 7924. I am told it's finished assembly waiting on inspection.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Thanks! Don't want to switch my entire insurance portfolio, but I will if I have to.
They will let you do whatever you want to do, I added a single policy just for my R1T

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

01/07/2022 08:53:07:
state: ORDERED
configurationStatus: SOFT_LOCKED
fulfillmentSummaryStatus: PENDING_FULFILLMENT
vehicleId: None
invitedToSelfConfirm: False
eligibleForNewVehicleInventoryMarketplace: None

Had the Guide call... We'll see how quickly I get matched.. :)

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
MASS RESIDENTS don’t forget to apply for state rebate! The state website says that there are 198 rebates left at the stage 1 value, but we know how fast the state updates it’s website! R1T’s get the rebate and we will have to wait and see if an R1S will also get a rebate, I hope they do.

FYI once the first 198 are spoken for the amount shrinks by $1,100. Get crackin!

https://mor-ev.org/mor-ev-trucks

documentation needed:
  1. Buyer's Order/ Purchase Agreement that includes:
    1. Purchaser's Name
    2. Purchase Date
    3. VIN
    4. Purchase Price
    5. Signature of Buyer
  2. Vehicle Registration
  3. A document confirming the GVWR of the vehicle
Sincerely,

MOR-EV Trucks Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Sponsored

MAR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, R1T
Clubs

MASS RESIDENTS don’t forget to apply for state rebate! The state website says that there are 198 rebates left at the stage 1 value, but we know how fast the state updates it’s website! R1T’s get the rebate and we will have to wait and see if an R1S will also get a rebate, I hope they do.

FYI once the first 198 are spoken for the amount shrinks by $1,100. Get crackin!

https://mor-ev.org/mor-ev-trucks

documentation needed:
  1. Buyer's Order/ Purchase Agreement that includes:
    1. Purchaser's Name
    2. Purchase Date
    3. VIN
    4. Purchase Price
    5. Signature of Buyer
  2. Vehicle Registration
  3. A document confirming the GVWR of the vehicle
Sincerely,

MOR-EV Trucks Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®
Good reminder! I just got my mor-ev trucks application approved for the full $7500. Their site has said there’s 198 remaining slots for a few months. Not sure how many really remain so don’t wait if you have your truck now.

FYI, for proof of gvwr, I used the page from the R1T owners manual and they accepted that. They had originally asked for the certificate of origin but my guide wasn’t able to get that for me.

jshaff

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Good reminder! I just got my mor-ev trucks application approved for the full $7500. Their site has said there’s 198 remaining slots for a few months. Not sure how many really remain so don’t wait if you have your truck now.

FYI, for proof of gvwr, I used the page from the R1T owners manual and they accepted that. They had originally asked for the certificate of origin but my guide wasn’t able to get that for me.
Could you do all this through their website or did you have to email them?

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm at 7924. I am told it's finished assembly waiting on inspection.
I'm at 8856, Don't know where or what state it's in yet...

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Could you do all this through their website or did you have to email them?
I emailed them and included a picture of the Gvwr placard on the driver's door jam as well as the inspection report that has it.

Got approved yesterday for all $7500. Check mailed within 90 days!

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
I emailed them and included a picture of the Gvwr placard on the driver's door jam as well as the inspection report that has it.

Got approved yesterday for all $7500. Check mailed within 90 days!
Sounds like they just ran a batch of us! My approved application made me think I was #20. Anyone else have a # at the end of an approved application?
Sponsored