Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
Got a pre order for both R1T and the R1S. Hoping for delivery next summer of the truck and fall/winter for the SUV. It's in metro west area.
Sponsored

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Pre-ordered an R1T, I'm on the Upper Cape.
Looking forward to seeing this beast and a test drive.

Thanksgramps

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS V Sport
Feb 2021 preorder R1T west of Boston. Max pack for the 0 degree commute to VT. If the tax credits change, Iā€™d consider the 300 miles, but a storm has me worried itā€™s not enough. Blue/OC

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

Feb 2021 preorder R1T west of Boston. Max pack for the 0 degree commute to VT. If the tax credits change, Iā€™d consider the 300 miles, but a storm has me worried itā€™s not enough. Blue/OC
Very similar to my configuration! We just drove up to VT in an EV with about 300 miles capacity in its battery pack. We made it without too much fuss in 70Ā°F weather, however the 40Ā°F today and yesterday are already reducing the batteryā€™s capacity.

Fred6v

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi avant, VW Tiguan
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Pre-order R1T with max pack placed 9/2021. Waiting patiently here in Brookline MA.

Sponsored

dortreo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
I preordered an R1S in Oct 2021. I'm not expecting it until end of 2023. We're just west of Boston. We commute often up to Stowe, so we'll get the larger battery when it's available.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Another Vermonter here!

R1T - Forrest Green, black mountain interior, max pack, off road upgrade, and all terrain tires.

11/10/21 reservation, so I am excited to get my delivery around 2030!

Last edited:

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

Soā€¦ Iā€™m a Max Pack pre-order holder who will be waiting until early 2023. Has anyone in New England received a 2022 delivery date?

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Somerville, ma here R1T Explorer glacier white / black arrival dateā€¦ whenever it gets here.

Please let us know when your LE shows up so that we can hound you for a ride ;)

OP
OP

fromawayfarm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Kona EV
Somerville, ma here R1T Explorer glacier white / black arrival dateā€¦ whenever it gets here.

Please let us know when your LE shows up so that we can hound you for a ride ;)
At first look I got quite excited when I saw Somerville... Somerville ME is the next town over from me. Then I saw the MA. Still not terribly far and I'm always looking for a reason to get to the Boston area.
I am still being told a March or April 2022 delivery date, so... it is only 105 days until the end of April :clap:
Being in Somerville MA you can't be more than 10 minutes or so away from the "Boston" Rivian Service Center in Chelsea. Have you been by to see what is happening there lately?
The last report I got was Nothing Happening from Rivianing About back in late September.

Sponsored

loudOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Plainfield NH - just south of Hanover NH, delivery window March/April 2022...order date 1/30/2019. Launch Green, Black, large pack.
No official contact from Rivian re delivery date outside of the "window" message a few weeks back.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
At first look I got quite excited when I saw Somerville... Somerville ME is the next town over from me. Then I saw the MA. Still not terribly far and I'm always looking for a reason to get to the Boston area.
I am still being told a March or April 2022 delivery date, so... it is only 105 days until the end of April :clap:
Being in Somerville MA you can't be more than 10 minutes or so away from the "Boston" Rivian Service Center in Chelsea. Have you been by to see what is happening there lately?
The last report I got was Nothing Happening from Rivianing About back in late September.
Havenā€™t gone over, in Google street view it looks like a really basic commercial garage space so Iā€™m guessing service related and not a ā€œhangoutā€ but Iā€™ve been wrong before. I have a longer wait that the rest of you guys with an R1T explore and a late ā€˜21 order date

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Iā€™m wondering if anyone knows the size of the space they rented on Griffin in Chelsea. If they rented the whole building then my answer would be different re potential use. Itā€™s a very commercial and dirty urban area, city off road if you will.

OP
OP

fromawayfarm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Kona EV
Plainfield NH - just south of Hanover NH, delivery window March/April 2022...order date 1/30/2019. Launch Green, Black, large pack.
No official contact from Rivian re delivery date outside of the "window" message a few weeks back.
Looks like the exact same configuration but you have a pre-order a few months before me. I suspect you will get yours first. Let me know when a human (Guide) contacts you, I'll do the same.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Hereā€™s the final answer to the likely reason Rivian decided to rent 25 Griffin Way in Chelsea, MA. The current (according to Google street view) sign on the building says ā€œWilliamson New England Electric Motor Service Corpā€. $10 says they also signed a service deal with these guys.
Sponsored