Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

CEB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Tech
Tried to get it inspected, but inspection station needs to jack it up to do it. Will order the jack adaptor puck then try again.
The jack adapter puck was included with the full sized spare in my truck. The inspection station used the included adapter and lifted it without issue.
Sponsored

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Looks great with all the other toys. I noticed your fire extinguisher and it made me remember that I need to put mine in my truck. You might want to check it out (element fire extinguisher) as they are small and really lightweight

Love the forest green

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
The jack adapter puck was included with the full sized spare in my truck. The inspection station used the included adapter and lifted it without issue.

My full sized spare hasn't arrived yet.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
My full sized spare hasn't arrived yet.
So the spares that you and I didn’t get are helping someone else get a full truck. I kind of feel good about that. I would like a puck to be able to jack with…

R1T_CapeCod

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Saturn Sky
Occupation
CEO - Radio Broadcasting
He who hesitates is lost...

Got my invite to the Rivian store yesterday. There were 2 launch editions to choose from. I opted to "phone a friend" for an opinion on which color to take and poof they were both gone in seconds.

Let this be a lesson - don't hesitate! Hopefully, something comes available this week. Although now that I dropped the underbody shield my guide claims my delivery window will be "soon".

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
He who hesitates is lost...

Got my invite to the Rivian store yesterday. There were 2 launch editions to choose from. I opted to "phone a friend" for an opinion on which color to take and poof they were both gone in seconds.

Let this be a lesson - don't hesitate! Hopefully, something comes available this week. Although now that I dropped the underbody shield my guide claims my delivery window will be "soon".
Good to hear you're seeing some movement at least. What wheels do you have configured?

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

So the spares that you and I didn’t get are helping someone else get a full truck. I kind of feel good about that. I would like a puck to be able to jack with…
Hey There! I believe I met you at Sommerville back in May when one of the other guys here was nice enough to show his truck to all of us.

I can't believe you are already getting your truck! Happy for you but bummed that I'm still waiting. :) Seems to be the Rivian way right!?

Anyway... Maybe tell your Guide to look up the order for Bill Peck in Douglas, MA. :p

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Bill, I was in Somerville with the diesel used for comparison. I got my truck 6/13 and love it.

I’ll ask but I don’t think they get to see things by the preorder.

My two cents:
- CS says service center(s) are tweaking already delivered trucks. This says proximity to service center matters a lot.
***I’m 4.7miles from Chelsea
- Riv appears to be batching configs as I’ve seen a lot of El Cap, launch green etc show up together when I was in Chelsea. I’ve only seen 1 red, 0 yellow, 2 or 3 limestone, 3 blue
- I was told my El Cap, 21” rims with power tonneau was built and preorder holder backed out.
- I purchased with items backordered: spare tire, tunnel shuttle, racks and all weather mats
- my guide was not my delivery person, which surprised me a little as I’ve seen videos (early on) of people meeting their guide.
- I’ve had contact (in order of when i met them) with Chelsea manager, original guide, title and 8 step document person, deliver logistics manager at Chelsea, delivery person and maintenance / service coordinator. They have all been amazingly nice even though they don’t have all of the answers I’m looking for, and I think that’s intentional.

I really wish Rivian would put out even one item that they are basing deliveries on so that all preorders would have something concrete to hold onto and see if they wanted to modify around.

Garrett

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Bill, I was in Somerville with the diesel used for comparison. I got my truck 6/13 and love it.

I’ll ask but I don’t think they get to see things by the preorder.

My two cents:
- CS says service center(s) are tweaking already delivered trucks. This says proximity to service center matters a lot.
***I’m 4.7miles from Chelsea
- Riv appears to be batching configs as I’ve seen a lot of El Cap, launch green etc show up together when I was in Chelsea. I’ve only seen 1 red, 0 yellow, 2 or 3 limestone, 3 blue
- I was told my El Cap, 21” rims with power tonneau was built and preorder holder backed out.
- I purchased with items backordered: spare tire, tunnel shuttle, racks and all weather mats
- my guide was not my delivery person, which surprised me a little as I’ve seen videos (early on) of people meeting their guide.
- I’ve had contact (in order of when i met them) with Chelsea manager, original guide, title and 8 step document person, deliver logistics manager at Chelsea, delivery person and maintenance / service coordinator. They have all been amazingly nice even though they don’t have all of the answers I’m looking for, and I think that’s intentional.

I really wish Rivian would put out even one item that they are basing deliveries on so that all preorders would have something concrete to hold onto and see if they wanted to modify around.

Garrett

I bought a mini back in the day from Peabody and made the trip from Douglas many many times... :) Chelsea SC is probably similar distance for me.

I ended up changing my wheels to the 21's since I think I'll feel better with a little extra range.. It's 200 miles one way to drive from my house to my little camp in Vermont... Plus it seems the 21's handle modest off roading fine.

Trying to be patient.. :)

Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
On my first day commuting with the Rivian, I finally saw one out in the wild. Identical to mine, too. Rt.2 westbound, right after the Concord rotary.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Everytime one of you gets a truck I get one closer.. (I hope...) :)

Congrats!!!

ShrinkDoc

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, VW Alltrack
Occupation
Psychiatrist
On my first day commuting with the Rivian, I finally saw one out in the wild. Identical to mine, too. Rt.2 westbound, right after the Concord rotary.
That might have been @jwardell. I think he has the same config as you.

Up until yesterday, the only R1Ts I’ve seen were parked in the Chelsea lot. Saw my first in the wild yesterday on 93 south in NH driving back from VT. Saw those distinctive headlights coming up behind me in my rear view and told my kids to get a video as he passed. Limestone with 20” bright ATs I think.
Sponsored