Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Great to see Chelsea open and buzzing! I need to swing by again soon and say hi. Hopefully they will have a parts/accessories/merch stock at some point? It seems silly that Rivian send all this big heavy stuff via UPS when I could just drop in there.
Russ told me they are logistics only but I think it would be a great idea if we could pay online and pickup there. Maybe if we suggest it they would give it a try?
Sponsored

jwardell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jwardell.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Yeah well at the moment my list of suggestions for Rivian is several pages long, and they're still scrambling to figure out the simple things. I'll give them a few months before I start bugging them with suggestions. But still would be nice to say Hi and see all the other colors for the first time

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Russ told me they are logistics only but I think it would be a great idea if we could pay online and pickup there. Maybe if we suggest it they would give it a try?
That lines up with my experience— I asked at pickup if I could buy crossbars there, and they said no.

R1T_CapeCod

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Saturn Sky
Occupation
CEO - Radio Broadcasting
Glad I stumbled on this thread today. Great to see Chelsea up and running. I am going to drive by tomorrow while I'm off Cape just to see it. So frustrated with Rivian at the moment. Preordered in March 2019 and saw my exact spec R1T being delivered to preorder holders from 2021 locally. Chatted with Rivian and they just keep saying be patient. Patience is not a virtue I possess :)

A friend saw an R1T coming out of P-Town on RT6. Does it belong to anybody here?

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
Glad I stumbled on this thread today. Great to see Chelsea up and running. I am going to drive by tomorrow while I'm off Cape just to see it. So frustrated with Rivian at the moment. Preordered in March 2019 and saw my exact spec R1T being delivered to preorder holders from 2021 locally. Chatted with Rivian and they just keep saying be patient. Patience is not a virtue I possess :)

A friend saw an R1T coming out of P-Town on RT6. Does it belong to anybody here?
@r1t_of_ma was this you on the cape this weekend?
@R1T_CapeCod the above guy has a Rivian blue R1T and has been EVERYWHERE with his truck and is really nice showing it and talking with people about the truck. He’s also on Instagram with the same “name”.

Sponsored

R1T_CapeCod

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Saturn Sky
Occupation
CEO - Radio Broadcasting
@r1t_of_ma was this you on the cape this weekend?
@R1T_CapeCod the above guy has a Rivian blue R1T and has been EVERYWHERE with his truck and is really nice showing it and talking with people about the truck. He’s also on Instagram with the same “name”.

I follow his IG. Great posts!

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
@R1T_CapeCod ,

How're the charging options for visitors up on the Cape?

pat----

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
That's good to hear. I was looking at ABRP and it looked like a few in the Barnstable area and a couple in P Town. Didn't seem like enough if I want to come visit in an EV (I need to make a Centerville Pie run ASAP, before i get the R1T, to pick up some Lobster Pies that they've just announced as being available).

pat----

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

Rivian is like a pastry shop where early customers got in line all happy with their numbered tickets and then someone from behind the counter said, “people who want a scone please stand over here.” Then they start serving everyone else and the scone people are like, “hey, I really just wanted a pastry and only said I wanted a scone ‘cause it was on the menu.”
The staff says, “are you sure? We really want you to have the pastry you want.”

Then someone from being the counter says, “anyone want this chocolate croissant?” Someone who just walked in said, “oh…I’ll take it.” And they get it even though several folks in scone line said, “um, I’ll take it.”

Then a scone customer says, “look, I know that there are people in the world who have no food at all and eating pastry is a privilege but I really just wanted a pastry not specifically a scone. I don’t want to leave my spot in line but I have a life and this indifference will make patronizing your store untenable.”

Then the staff says “good point. Hold on.”

Sponsored

Newb26

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, BMW i3
Clubs

I haven't looked around much since I haven't taken delivery. I know there are some at the mall in Hyannis and I've seen some in beach parking lots.
Those EVgo chargers at the mall are the only DC ones I have found but they’re only 50kw. Electrify America have the same location marked as “coming soon” on their map, which would be good because I’m sure it’ll be 350kw. I’m only there in the summertime so haven’t seen if they’ve started building it yet. I’ll definitely check it out when I’m there at the end of June, although I won’t have my R1S with Ocean Coast this summer!

Rfan

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Blue, OC
Occupation
Education/Technology
Clubs

I'm in metro west Boston and don't expect to hear about my R1T until next winter. I've seen one driving around Route 20 but I don't know where it originates. I understand the Chelsea MA service center is opening soon--I sure wish I could see these colors in person to help settle my config.

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
I'm in metro west Boston and don't expect to hear about my R1T until next winter. I've seen one driving around Route 20 but I don't know where it originates. I understand the Chelsea MA service center is opening soon--I sure wish I could see these colors in person to help settle my config.
@Rfan Chelsea is OPEN!!! I have lots of pics. Let me know what you’re looking for. I’m close enough to Chelsea (and really chomping at the bit for my Adventure!) so I’ve seen nearly everything but red and yellow. FYI left is silver and right is limestone
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? A67813B6-9F03-49AA-A517-B7A0ED0A460B

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Historic house steward
@Rfan Chelsea is OPEN!!! I have lots of pics. Let me know what you’re looking for. I’m close enough to Chelsea (and really chomping at the bit for my Adventure!) so I’ve seen nearly everything but red and yellow. FYI left is silver and right is limestone
A67813B6-9F03-49AA-A517-B7A0ED0A460B.jpeg
And the elusive forest edge
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? 0B967BE1-2E00-4AE4-B1AF-93C454E4778C
Sponsored