Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

Brookliner

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Dad
Clubs

In Stowe, VT...ordered R1T in El Cap with Ocean Coast
Love that town of yours. We visit twice a year. We went up in the worst of COVID, stayed for a week in an Airbnb outside of the downtown. That was the faithful moment I made $1000 deposit. Can’t wait.

Timmytime5

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Audi Q5e hybrid
Occupation
General Manager
Love that town of yours. We visit twice a year. We went up in the worst of COVID, stayed for a week in an Airbnb outside of the downtown. That was the faithful moment I made $1000 deposit. Can’t wait.
Glad our beautiful little town could offer some inspiration for that decision. As you obviously know, Stowe's a pretty special place. We enjoy it thoroughly. We'll have to have a Rivian show and tell once we all get our trucks. I know of 4 more people in Stowe (out of only 4,500 permanent residents...high Rivian concentration here) who have ordered one.

Pcgraphics

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 BMW 325ic. 2014 Toyota Venza
Occupation
Real Estate
Arriving on island in late July. Got any tips for a first-time visitor?
Sure. Will you have a car? What town are you staying in. Will you have your EV? I am installing my level 2 charger at the top of my driveway this week.

Sponsored

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Sure. Will you have a car? What town are you staying in. Will you have your EV? I am installing my level 2 charger at the top of my driveway this week.
Edgar Town for the most part, and on foot mostly. Have booked a rental car one day to explore the island.

OP
OP

fromawayfarm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Kona EV
On May 20th (2021) the Chelsea Record ran a story on a Rivian property deal at 25 Griffin Way Chelsea, MA 02150 presumably for a Showroom/Service Center. Has anyone that is in or near Boston dropped by to see if anything is going on there. I believe it is very near Logan Airport?
I would love to know how/if it is coming along, because I am sure its existence has a tremendous impact on our delivery timing.

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Stafford CT Midnight / Black, adventure, preorder 7/7/21. Estimated delivery Q4 2022

Last edited:

Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
On May 20th (2021) the Chelsea Record ran a story on a Rivian property deal at 25 Griffin Way Chelsea, MA 02150 presumably for a Showroom/Service Center. Has anyone that is in or near Boston dropped by to see if anything is going on there. I believe it is very near Logan Airport?
I would love to know how/if it is coming along, because I am sure its existence has a tremendous impact on our delivery timing.

they could make some extra money being the exclusive airport valet parking provider for Rivians.....park there, they'll plug in for you, etc.....that would be sweet.

(But I also need one MUCH closer to me here in Western Maine.)

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
they could make some extra money being the exclusive airport valet parking provider for Rivians.....park there, they'll plug in for you, etc.....that would be sweet.

(But I also need one MUCH closer to me here in Western Maine.)
that would be cool....I would like something in the Worcester / Springfield / Hartford are and I'd be happy! Closest now would be Brooklyn / Boston - I am happy that they're planning on doing much service at customers home.....

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, FE, Off-Road, 20", VW Altrack
Occupation
Consultant
Drove by 25 Griffin Way on this Tuesday. No activity and no signage indicating ownership. Until there is a building permit in place, I wouldn't expect anything to happen at this address.

OP
OP

fromawayfarm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Kona EV
Drove by 25 Griffin Way on this Tuesday. No activity and no signage indicating ownership. Until there is a building permit in place, I wouldn't expect anything to happen at this address.
Clearly this is not one of their priorities.:confused:

gobob2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X 100D, 2018 Ford F150
Clubs

Mid Coast Maine. Just configured my R1S (for now, chose green outside and in). Super jazzed to swap out my Model X for it whenever the time comes.
Sponsored