Sponsored

Will I be the only Rivian in New England?

EmPickle

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Honda Odyssey, Miata
Occupation
Geek
Has anyone applied for the MA MOR-EV rebate for their R1S?
I applied and have word that it was approved a couple weeks ago. Waiting on a check.

"Congratulations! Your MOR-EV Trucks application(s) XXXXXXXX has been approved for $7,500. Your check will be mailed within 90 days."
Sponsored

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
I applied and have word that it was approved a couple weeks ago. Waiting on a check.

"Congratulations! Your MOR-EV Trucks application(s) XXXXXXXX has been approved for $7,500. Your check will be mailed within 90 days."
it's ridiculous. I second guessed if this was real so many times...even hesitated to cash the check thinking my account info would be stolen. lol. Such a great incentive program, can't believe I stumbled upon this in some subreddit. Congrats!

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
I’m kind of surprised that the service Center isn’t telling people about it when the pick up a vehicle!

SomervilleR1T

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Chevy diesel, 1947 Dodge truck, MG midget
Occupation
Historic house steward
Can anyone tell me what this dash display item is? I can’t find it in the owners manual…
Rivian R1T R1S Will I be the only Rivian in New England? IMG_0217

MAR1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, R1T
Clubs

Can anyone tell me what this dash display item is? I can’t find it in the owners manual…
IMG_0217.jpeg
It means drive cam is not recording. Check your storage device to make sure it’s plugged in.

Sponsored

hapegoof20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model Y
Clubs

it's ridiculous. I second guessed if this was real so many times...even hesitated to cash the check thinking my account info would be stolen. lol. Such a great incentive program, can't believe I stumbled upon this in some subreddit. Congrats!
Did you all have total msrp under 80k with pre price hike for R1S somehow? Seems lost base model post price hike is 84k plus 1.8k delivery fee and ineligible?!

rhesusraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Impreza, '65 Mustang
Did you all have total msrp under 80k with pre price hike for R1S somehow? Seems lost base model post price hike is 84k plus 1.8k delivery fee and ineligible?!
I squeaked under with pre-price hike pricing. With destination fee had about $500 to spare under 80k. Forest Green, 21” with Black Mountain interior. With the new 80k cap and post hike pricing, seems like it would be difficult, if not impossible, even if dual motor qualified.

not_a_car_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Perf Dual Motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I squeaked under with pre-price hike pricing. With destination fee had about $500 to spare under 80k. Forest Green, 21” with Black Mountain interior. With the new 80k cap and post hike pricing, seems like it would be difficult, if not impossible, even if dual motor qualified.
I just got that same exact config, post-price hike, and after submitting for a rebate it was rejected because it was over the 80K cap.

The sad part is that I had a R1S pre-order from 2021 and at the last minute decided I really wanted the truck because my wife purchased a minivan which would function as our "family car" when we need the three rows. I didn't know about the 80K cap on the rebate unfortunately. I wish I had checked to see if I could have changed my reservation from R1S to R1T and somehow kept my prehike pricing. Instead I made the mistake of making a new one and cancelling the old one. That has cost me much more than the price hike difference, because I also lost the rebate :-(.

rhesusraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Impreza, '65 Mustang
I just got that same exact config, post-price hike, and after submitting for a rebate it was rejected because it was over the 80K cap.

The sad part is that I had a R1S pre-order from 2021 and at the last minute decided I really wanted the truck because my wife purchased a minivan which would function as our "family car" when we need the three rows. I didn't know about the 80K cap on the rebate unfortunately. I wish I had checked to see if I could have changed my reservation from R1S to R1T and somehow kept my prehike pricing. Instead I made the mistake of making a new one and cancelling the old one. That has cost me much more than the price hike difference, because I also lost the rebate :-(.
Sorry, that stinks. I didn't realize they had added the cap until it was time to apply. If it wasn't for trying to stay under the 80k cap for the portion of the federal credit that remains (since I didn't sign the binding agreement), I may have missed out entirely.

hapegoof20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model Y
Clubs

Super ouch.
Sponsored