First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford expedition, jeep, tesla model three
Occupation
nerd
Not going to lie, that Forest Edge interior is amazing! I love that there's an interesting new interior instead of having only bland colors, like white, black, beige and grey.
My one concern with the color is that it might go completely out of style and end up like an ugly 70's looking inside to my car, making it look ugly and driving me crazy to no end. So I thought I would ask others, do you think that the FE will go out of style not that long after the car is purchased? A car would be a big investment and I would hate to have something that looked horrible three years after I buy it.
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Not going to lie, that Forest Edge interior is amazing! I love that there's an interesting new interior instead of having only bland colors, like white, black, beige and grey.
My one concern with the color is that it might go completely out of style and end up like an ugly 70's looking inside to my car, making it look ugly and driving me crazy to no end. So I thought I would ask others, do you think that the FE will go out of style not that long after the car is purchased? A car would be a big investment and I would hate to have something that looked horrible three years after I buy it.
If you don't like it in 3 years....I'll buy it from u.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
I don't think so, I saw FE in Venice and made the switch once i got back to my hotel. I am 100% sold on this interior and the employees act Venice also agreed its such a beautiful and classy color. Really goes well with EC

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’s not the green you’re thinking of. It’s reaaal nice

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Does a classic ever go out of style? That is your question, as I read it. The answer is: A 1955 Ford Thunderbird or a 1957 Chevrolet never date and just are. Frankly, that is how I view FE, i.e., a future classic. I hope Rivian itself lasts as long as this interior will.

Last edited:

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
FE is not the avocado green appliances of the 70's.

It is grey with a greenish tint.

The FE interior will no more go out of style than any other R1 interior.

Which classic cars have the best resale value?

The most generic? Or the boldest that most epitomize the age in which they were made?

I say 30-50 years from now Compass Yellow with FE interior will have the highest R1 resale value.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
The FE wood is timeless, the green “leather” is so weird and unique that I’d dare say it can’t go out of style since it was never in style in the first place. Overall, I’d give FE the strongest vote for not looking dated and BM the most likely to look dated (which is sadly what I have since I compromised my FE dreams to get my truck a few months early and save some money).

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
I will likely get FE, but I would prefer the FE would with BM. Or OC with slightly darker, less pink (from what i have seen) wood.

Usually a compromise with anything is the reality w/ buying most anything. I wonder if afternaker wood will be a thing? After Seeing the teardown on youtube, looks like it might not be a DIY job...

Sponsored

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

Does a classic ever go out of style? That is your question, as I read it. The answer is: A 1955 Ford Thunderbird or a 1957 Chevrolet never date and just are. Frankly, that is how I view FE, i.e., a future classic. I hope Rivian itself lasts as long as this interior will.
You spoke my mind.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

FE is not the avocado green appliances of the 70's.

It is grey with a greenish tint.

The FE interior will no more go out of style than any other R1 interior.

Which classic cars have the best resale value?

The most generic? Or the boldest that most epitomize the age in which they were made?

I say 30-50 years from now Compass Yellow with FE interior will have the highest R1 resale value.
The king of the north.....!!!

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I don't think it would necessarily go out of style but I'm not that fond of it either. The only thing I like about it is the wood stain. The trim color is a little too weird for me and I did see it in Venice in person.

I do think there are only some exterior colors that would match it and I don't believe one of them is CY :D. Can you imagine sunflower in truck form!?

But if you think you might not want it, just go with the safe choice. BM (Or OC if you can wait and are not concerned about weird stain colors potentially).

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Maybe in 3 yrs you trade in for Ocean Coast.....
Sponsored