Sponsored

will exterior color change today adversely effect delivery date?

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
I'm 1 year+ in on the wait for an R1S with current ETA of 2024. Does anyone know if a color change now will make any difference ? thinking about changing but don't want to adversly effect my place in que.... what to do ?
I changed from Limestone to Red Canyon once I received the confirmation email (in November); it cost me about 6 weeks but am VERY glad I swapped. I did have access to the Rivian Shop for a little over a month but my combo was never in it. Once you wait this long a few weeks or couple months isn't the end of the world imo.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
I changed from Limestone to Red Canyon once I received the confirmation email (in November); it cost me about 6 weeks but am VERY glad I swapped. I did have access to the Rivian Shop for a little over a month but my combo was never in it. Once you wait this long a few weeks or couple months isn't the end of the world imo.
I'm waiting on a Limestone but saw Canyon Red at the Rivian event the other day. It's an awesome color, congrats! I'm about to make a change to add the underbody shield but I'm still supposedly "Getting it" in July-Sept '23. Not sure how much it would push me back but was told it wouldn't...

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm waiting on a Limestone but saw Canyon Red at the Rivian event the other day. It's an awesome color, congrats! I'm about to make a change to add the underbody shield but I'm still supposedly "Getting it" in July-Sept '23. Not sure how much it would push me back but was told it wouldn't...
Thanks, it looks completely different in person as most of the colors do. I assume you've been able to see Limestone in person? Which wheels are you going with?

My current only regret was cancelling the underbody shield, I did so to not have the add'l weight along with the fact that I will never rock crawl. But with some issues that have arisen with the "standard" protection worry me.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
Thanks, it looks completely different in person as most of the colors do. I assume you've been able to see Limestone in person? Which wheels are you going with?

My current only regret was cancelling the underbody shield, I did so to not have the add'l weight along with the fact that I will never rock crawl. But with some issues that have arisen with the "standard" protection worry me.
Yep, I saw my exact config, Limestone R1S w/ OC and Black 20's at the Manhattan event that Rivian just had. I think Canyon Red was my 2nd fave and they mentioned that they were getting rid of Compass Yellow. Forest Edge interior was pretty sweet as well but I wish they were outside with the light hitting them to really see the colors. I saw Canyon Red inside/outside along with LA Silver, El Cap. Comical that they left a R1S in the high ride height and people were struggling to get in it.

I spoke to a bunch of the Rivian engineers who said the shield there would be no difference in drive quietness but they'd happily take my $1700. I'd hardly ever offroad but couldn't hurt to have it and the rumored potential quietness but I'm too chicken to make the change despite them saying it wouldn't affect the delivery date.

Rivian R1T R1S will exterior color change today adversely effect delivery date? Limestone

Sponsored

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep, I saw my exact config, Limestone R1S w/ OC and Black 20's at the Manhattan event that Rivian just had. I think Canyon Red was my 2nd fave and they mentioned that they were getting rid of Compass Yellow. Forest Edge interior was pretty sweet as well but I wish they were outside with the light hitting them to really see the colors. I saw Canyon Red inside/outside along with LA Silver, El Cap. Comical that they left a R1S in the high ride height and people were struggling to get in it.

I spoke to a bunch of the Rivian engineers who said the shield there would be no difference in drive quietness but they'd happily take my $1700. I'd hardly ever offroad but couldn't hurt to have it and the rumored potential quietness but I'm too chicken to make the change despite them saying it wouldn't affect the delivery date.

Limestone.jpg
Great combo! I've not yet heard that Compass Yellow was getting the ax?

Yes sunlight brings out the orange in Canyon Red and the blue in Limestone. Chameleons for sure 😆

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I hope they don't get rid of Compass Yellow until "after" I receive mine or play the meridian sound system game & say I only pre-ordered a R1S (they get to choose the color I get)... :cool:

parneezi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Telluride
Just wanted to share my experience on a R1S . I switched from GW/OC/22" SB to El Cap/BM/22" SB in January. Received a May to June 2023 delivery estimate after new estimates were released.

In early March, I was told I was in process of matching with a VIN. At that point I changed to 20" AT. Then about a week later I changed the color to Rivian Blue. Within less than a week I had a VIN and car (RB/BM/20" AT) was delivered by end of March.

Echo others, get what you want. In my case it seemed like changing config probably did not impact delivery date much if at all, even within a few weeks of the delivery.
Sponsored