Sponsored

will exterior color change today adversely effect delivery date?

peterbelsky

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mini
I'm 1 year+ in on the wait for an R1S with current ETA of 2024. Does anyone know if a color change now will make any difference ? thinking about changing but don't want to adversly effect my place in que.... what to do ?
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes, it will absolutely affect your delivery date. That said it could affect it positively or negatively. Thereā€™s no way to tell.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I'm 1 year+ in on the wait for an R1S with current ETA of 2024. Does anyone know if a color change now will make any difference ? thinking about changing but don't want to adversly effect my place in que.... what to do ?
I would have thought unlikely this far out. But if you make a change do it in the next couple of days so you can get an accurate estimate.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I changed from LA Silver to Limestone on my R1T about a month before my confirmation of config (two months before delivery). So I wouldnā€™t think so unless there is a corresponding delay with the option you change to.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Please get the color u really want... u won't regret it.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Get what you want. This far out, color alone isn't going to make a difference to delivery.

Reactions: VSG

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
I just did a color change (ETA 1st half 2024). I feel quite foolish for doing it. I figured the same thing though. What are the chances color would affect ETA for a year out delivery.

I chatted with Rivian rep and was told I'd need to wait till end of April to know any effect but was told I may be delayed and recommended not to make any changes. Worst part is I can't even cancel the change even though they haven't rescheduled my delivery.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I donā€™t know if it will increase your time but it will for sure increase your coolness if you switched to Red Canyon instead. Unless you already have Red Canyon in which case youā€™re risking a big drop in cool points.

shift4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I am pretty sure someone mentioned here that they recently did a factory tour and Rivian is no longer doing batches of one color at a time, so I don't think it matters as much as it used to. Once you get closer to your delivery window, you will also get access to the R1S store, so you can always change color then as well (assuming there is a matching config to yours). As others noted, if you are sure you want a different color, then change it (better to do so before the next delivery estimate too).

Sponsored

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I donā€™t know if it will increase your time but it will for sure increase your coolness if you switched to Red Canyon instead. Unless you already have Red Canyon in which case youā€™re risking a big drop in cool points.
Best post today. Also, I concur.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
I'm just waiting until I get "The Call". They have changed so many things in my configuration all on their own. (camp kitchen, tonneau cover, tent, interior, quad motor...) Figured, why change things myself and possibly risk changing my delivery date. May as well wait to see what's left from my original configuration then decide what might need changing. Since they are suppose to confirm your choices once you are in line, figured I'd just wait.

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
I was worried more that they might use it as another excuse to blast me to the back of the line so they could collect full price from more recent order.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
I changed to red canyon and it moved me back to early 2024 which sucked then I got a confirm config today so I donā€™t think it matters.

ForeverOnTheWaitlist

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, CRV
Wow ! I'll hope for that to happen to me. First half of 2024 will be a stretch for me but I saw the recent news that many R1T orders had been moved up so wished that might happen for R1S's. Maybe should have changed color to Red.
Sponsored