• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

California Will be new to EV world what is best EV Charging App

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

As I'm about to be new the the EV world Looking for some feed back on EV charging apps and the best one to use for trip planning. 500 + miles

Some appear to have just location other show routes and Charger locations but not availability.

I'm looking for one that will do the route planning with the RIT range in mind. That shows charge locations along the route, with estimated charge time, hopefully showing amenities around the charging location. Also charging locations at destination as arriving at the location with 10% would suck especially if destination has no chargers in area.

And any other advise on other factors that might be important.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This will be my first EV as well so I’ll leave recommendations on an app to others, but from what I’ve seen the Rivian navigation system is attempting to provide the info on routing, charging, availability, etc for you. the good thing about that if it works as advertised is it will adapt based on current battery info and adjust on the fly if necessary.

Our friend Kyle with Out of Spec has been testing an R1T for the past week and posted several videos about his experience. He posted one about the infotainment system earlier today. I haven’t watched it yet but I know he goes over all of that.

OP
OP
ADVNOW

ADVNOW

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler JK, JL 4XE
Occupation
Manufacturing
Clubs

It appeared that the selection of charging sites on a road trip where not showing all charging locations. (Think in video he was traveling back from Moab and it didn't display very many locations.) maybe just those they partnered with but on a road trip you may not have that luxury.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

For planning complex trips including multiple stops and returns my go to app is ABRP (A Better Route Planner). That being said in our Model Y for many use cases the built in app is just fine.
And the last bit of advice, use booking.com and search for hotels with EV charging. Charging while you sleep is better for both you and the car.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
For planning complex trips including multiple stops and returns my go to app is ABRP (A Better Route Planner). That being said in our Model Y for many use cases the built in app is just fine.
And the last bit of advice, use booking.com and search for hotels with EV charging. Charging while you sleep is better for both you and the car.
I’ll also add to search with Airbnb and filter for EV chargers.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

ABRP for routing as it takes into account weather, traffic, and terrain. PlugShare for actually finding charging stations. The charger database in ABRP is not crowdsourced like PlugShare, so it's often out of date, but the routing is the best in the business.
Sponsored