Sponsored

Will an R1 ever be as reliable as Ridgeline?

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
You drive a Porsche 911 according to your profile, that's not exactly an incognito car either. I get what you're saying though, and I like that although my Audi get's a few looks it blends in a lot more than the Rivian probably will. I don't want to draw much attention either, but getting a red-orange distinctive looking truck probably isn't going to blend in that well.
You are correct sir. However, I bought the car for sentimental reasons. I grew up in the back of a 911. Same silver ext/black int. That sound brought back my childhood. It could have just as easily been any other car. What I didn't bet on was the attention the car brings. I honestly thought there were much more exotic cars that deserves attention. Lesson learned. I am making some changes to simplify my life a bit. No more sports cars. One very particle car-the Rivian for me and something similar in EV form for the mrs. I was hoping the Rivian would blend in. I have been evidently mistaken in the past and hope not to be again. Cheers.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
You are correct sir. However, I bought the car for sentimental reasons. I grew up in the back of a 911. Same silver ext/black int. That sound brought back my childhood. It could have just as easily been any other car. What I didn't bet on was the attention the car brings. I honestly thought there were much more exotic cars that deserves attention. Lesson learned. I am making some changes to simplify my life a bit. No more sports cars. One very particle car-the Rivian for me and something similar in EV form for the mrs. I was hoping the Rivian would blend in. I have been evidently mistaken in the past and hope not to be again. Cheers.
I can respect that but I don't think the Rivian fits that bill and realistically won't for a few more years. iF they become common on the road you might be right eventually but I don't see them blending in for 3-5 years assuming they can continue to get market penetration. Heck, Teslas still get some attention just because of how unique they are.