Sponsored

Will always searching 275/55R21 tires trigger demand?

PowerBugs

First Name
Dru
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Just wondering, if everyone keeps searching for 275/55R21 tires online, will it trigger/alert manufactures that there is a demand?
I know that there is no other option than the stock Pirelli’s and so if everyone keep searching online everyday, does it make any difference?
Or do you have to keep calling Tire shops?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Call or write manufacturers.

pinkhuffy

First Name
TR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'65 Belvedere
Occupation
mechanic
I doubt calling tire shops will be effective, as most front counter folks might not have access to tire reps. Thanks for making me aware, I had no idea this was a one-off size. I'm not a fan of that. I will call my rep Monday to see if he can shed light on this- at least from Conti perspective, but this is an oddball size, doubt anyone will want to tool up, unless there are other adopters. The only option, not really a good one, is dropping to 275-50-21, but it's 1" shorter overall. Bummer deal.

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

It is an interesting theory. Obviously, search engines are designed to gather data that is then used to drive business decisions and marketing approaches. So lots of searches of a specific item has the potential to become a data point in design and production decisions. However, a much better metric is simply the number of Rivian's with 21's sold as this would be an almost 100% accurate data point for demand. The question is whether Rivian will provide this info to tire mfgs.

For me, the bigger question is how large a run is needed to make a tire profitable. I would be curious to know if changing a line to produce a different size tire is a big thing or a little thing (read expensive or cheap). Given all the different sizes out there already and increased capability of CAD/CAM, I'd guess it isn't all that expensive, but I don't have a clue.

(My R1T will have 21's so I'm hoping in a couple of years there will be several more options out there. Guess I'll do some searches, just in case)

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It will probably just get you a ton of tire related ads in your browser :confused:
Sponsored