Sponsored

Why Rivian Stock Popped Today

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Motley Fool is the worse possible source for financial news. They just make clickbait articles every day.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Loving the price action though. My current cost basis is $28-29 so I am seeing a healthy return.

I missed out on the IPO but when the market cap was down around 20bn it seemed like a pretty solid investment as an owner of a R1T.

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
Motley Fool is the worse possible source for financial news. They just make clickbait articles every day.
I agree wholeheartedly. The main reason I shared was because it stated some information on Rivian's perspective on the tax incentive situation and future pricing. I only care to read the occasional quotes from insiders, some analysts (most of them suck), and general stuff. Wasn't meant to hype the Fool - Just sharing.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I'm really surprised how few people even know what or who Rivian is. Talking to my insurance yesterday "progressive" the guy hadn't heard of them yet and they weren't in the system either. I really think the stock will start rising more once more people know what they are and how they drive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm really surprised how few people even know what or who Rivian is. Talking to my insurance yesterday "progressive" the guy hadn't heard of them yet and they weren't in the system either. I really think the stock will start rising more once more people know what they are and how they drive.
Progressive customer as well. I've been impressed with them and find them easy to work with. Very odd that Rivian is not in their system. MANY websites for things like tires, Autotrader, accessories, etc, etc have Rivian in their dropdown menus.

GangWarily

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer
That's odd, I have Progressive and was able to get my Rivian insured with them :O Wonder if its an individual advisor thing.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Rivian is definitely in Progressives system. My R1T is insured with them. It wasn't even something they had to add, either... It's already in their system and you can get a quote on their website for a R1T.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
Rivian is definitely in Progressives system. My R1T is insured with them. It wasn't even something they had to add, either... It's already in their system and you can get a quote on their website for a R1T.
This is quite common. AAA took almost a week to get Rivian added to their system from when I engaged with them. I spoke to multiple people there and it was supposedly their first one. Seals broken now though! I’ve had my truck on my insurance for almost 2 weeks, though my delivery seems to be getting further away!

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is quite common. AAA took almost a week to get Rivian added to their system from when I engaged with them. I spoke to multiple people there and it was supposedly their first one. Seals broken now though! I’ve had my truck on my insurance for almost 2 weeks, though my delivery seems to be getting further away!
You have insurance on a truck you don't own yet??

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Now do why RIVN is crashing today

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
I would still like to know why the stock ticker on the main page is gone...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
You have insurance on a truck you don't own yet??
Yup. According to my guides recommendation I set for 8/1 to start. After the first push in dates by a week I left it since it was a pita to get done, but will probably cancel it this week now that my guide can only say there’s no eta anymore.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Same thing on every article - "If you like this stock, here are ten others we are telling everyone to buy so we can hopefully drive them up. "

OP
OP
jakef801

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup. According to my guides recommendation I set for 8/1 to start. After the first push in dates by a week I left it since it was a pita to get done, but will probably cancel it this week now that my guide can only say there’s no eta anymore.
Sorry to hear about the "no ETA". What made purchasing insurance such a PIA? I'm guessing something to do with the VIN??
Sponsored