First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Isn’t everyone allowed to have their own opinions on Musk, Tesla, Rivian, edamame, po-tay-toe vs po-tah-toe, which Star Wars movie is the best, blue pill vs red pill?

Many people see Rivian as a sort of anti-Tesla, which may or may not be true, but it might explain why you feel there is more anti-Tesla opinion around here. I think it’s fair to say that most don’t see RJ as the same type of business owner as Musk. TBH we don’t know RJ that well but I would mostly agree with that sentiment so far.

I’ve also seen plenty of people here who love Tesla and have since day 1 and that’s perfectly fine with me even though I think Musk is a spoiled brat crypto bro $hitposter. To each their own. So why do you care so much that many DON’T like him?
I care that politics aren’t supposed to be here. I withhold my opinions out of respect for everyone else. People whining about Elon and his Twitter are violating that unspoken agreement and that is what I care about. I have no other socials for a reason, I can’t stand that shit.

Everyone does have a right to their own opinions, and truthfully I care as much about Elon Musk as he does about me which is to say not at all. I do find it amusing how many feathers he’s ruffled simply for pretty basic Twitter trolling but that’s as far as my care for Elon or Tesla goes one way or another.

If I had my way the only comments about Tesla on this forum would 100% be related to EV’s or contrasting with Rivian. No billionaire cares about you or I. Most people aren’t totally good or totally bad, and if we looked at everyone’s life there’s probably enough there to paint any sort of picture we wanted.

It’s useless to discuss Elon as a person simply because none of us here probably even know the guy. Not to mention it has nothing to do with the forums. However, I don’t want to read politically charged bullshit on here and when I do read it I’m certainly going to share my opinion.

I’m not the one who’s violating the no politics rule in here repeatedly and I’m not going to sit back and read these comments without saying something.
Sponsored

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
My overall experience with Rivian has been pretty good. Yes there was the initial rage inside me when my buddy I talked into getting an R1T order going two months after my change from LE to Adventure got his 4 months ahead of me. Probably the same someone fell through on his exact config and he got lucky. I did not take well back then, just saying.

Service at Denver honestly has been darn good. Yes I have gone more since delivery than any of my other vehicles, but for some reason I am not bothered by it like most would be. We all agree communication well, sucks before delivery. Since I was given the 8 step they have been spot on, even proactive where other MFG are reactive. I have never asked/been offered a loaner, but always am asked about Uber credits. I decline hoping to see upward movement in my stock, not working as hoped.

I always wanted to love Tesla, I still do for the direction they are moving peoples ideas. It is just they make no trucks, and interiors reflect my idea of Ikea and Scandinavian Designs collaborating, just not my speed. R.J. just happened to make something many of us want during a time we getting something is damn near impossible. Buying a vehicle is not political, nor should be discussing in the forums. Your favorite team always has a few you think should be traded, but we still cheer on the team as a whole.

We are here to share stories, FML moments, and epic adventures. This is the new version of Ford, Dodge, Chevy talk that has been going on for decades. Congratulations to all who have a Rivian in the garage, to those still waiting, as difficult as it is you will be happy and the wait worth it once delivered. I ordered an R1S 3 months after the R1T change, I got hit with 2024 ETA. After realizing my ticket was not a winner, I wondered how many cool advancements will be on a 2024 model? Will I be jealous of the new tech on her SUV, will we fight when I get back a 2 yr old vehicle :cool: Of course my wife is not suffering until her R1S comes in, she took my truck and I continue to get slaughtered at the pump with my Ram.

Aloha!

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Purely from a capitalist’s view, pretty sure that JP Morgan, BofA, Larry Ellison, Prince Alwaleed and other investors are all crapping bricks right now merely because Musk seems intent on setting $44B ablaze. Same WTF reaction from many employees, customers, and advertisers.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I care that politics aren’t supposed to be here. I withhold my opinions out of respect for everyone else. People whining about Elon and his Twitter are violating that unspoken agreement and that is what I care about. I have no other socials for a reason, I can’t stand that shit.

Everyone does have a right to their own opinions, and truthfully I care as much about Elon Musk as he does about me which is to say not at all. I do find it amusing how many feathers he’s ruffled simply for pretty basic Twitter trolling but that’s as far as my care for Elon or Tesla goes one way or another.

If I had my way the only comments about Tesla on this forum would 100% be related to EV’s or contrasting with Rivian. No billionaire cares about you or I. Most people aren’t totally good or totally bad, and if we looked at everyone’s life there’s probably enough there to paint any sort of picture we wanted.

It’s useless to discuss Elon as a person simply because none of us here probably even know the guy. Not to mention it has nothing to do with the forums. However, I don’t want to read politically charged bullshit on here and when I do read it I’m certainly going to share my opinion.

I’m not the one who’s violating the no politics rule in here repeatedly and I’m not going to sit back and read these comments without saying something.
I get that and I agree this isn’t the place for political talk. But you have just as much trouble not doing that as I do and I suspect you and I are not in agreement on many things political😉

That doesn’t matter to me. I think you’re a good person with a great sense of humor and we are here because at minimum we have Rivian in common as a starting point. That being said, I think you might be conflating criticism of Musk the person and his personality as political no matter what that criticism is. I personally find him to be extremely annoying and I would feel that way no matter what his politics were. In fact, if you believe Elon (I don’t), until recently he voted Democrat. I don’t care if he was/ is. He’s a D-bag as far as I’m concerned.

As a business owner I respect what he did building Tesla, but outside of that I have never found much to like about him. And as you pointed out in the other thread that criticism could be said of many CEOs of large successful companies, Steve Jobs being a prime example… I love my Apple products but I can’t say I approve of some of their business practices either.

Bottom line: You can LIKE Elon for non-political reasons if you choose just as I can DISLIKE him for non-political reasons. The great thing about this country is we are both free to find an unrelated Internet forum and argue about it :rock:

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Why are Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, and Richard Branson so excited for space?

They’ve screwed almost everyone on our planet and want one last shot at Uranus.

IB4TL!

Sponsored

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Why are Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, and Richard Branson so excited for space?

They’ve screwed almost everyone on our planet and want one last shot at Uranus.

IB4TL!
You have to wonder when the end comes and all the rich hide in bunkers or off planet, who is going to do the grunt work in a room full of billionaires? What will Mad Max look like if we all have electric vehicles, looting solar panels? Can I make a Rivian a bad ass apocalypse vehicle, and can we call time out when I have to reset my infotainment system when the " Ride of the Valkyries " freezes?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think it’s fair to say that most don’t see RJ as the same type of business owner as Musk. TBH we don’t know RJ that well but I would mostly agree with that sentiment so far.
This is part of the reason I won't tolerate Elon. RJ could really be a piece of shit and we don't have to hear about why constantly from the news cycle.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
I get that and I agree this isn’t the place for political talk. But you have just as much trouble not doing that as I do and I suspect you and I are not in agreement on many things political😉

That doesn’t matter to me. I think you’re a good person with a great sense of humor and we are here because at minimum we have Rivian in common as a starting point. That being said, I think you might be conflating criticism of Musk the person and his personality as political no matter what that criticism is. I personally find him to be extremely annoying and I would feel that way no matter what his politics were. In fact, if you believe Elon (I don’t), until recently he voted Democrat. I don’t care if he was/ is. He’s a D-bag as far as I’m concerned.

As a business owner I respect what he did building Tesla, but outside of that I have never found much to like about him. And as you pointed out in the other thread that criticism could be said of many CEOs of large successful companies, Steve Jobs being a prime example… I love my Apple products but I can’t say I approve of some of their business practices either.

Bottom line: You can LIKE Elon for non-political reasons if you choose just as I can DISLIKE him for non-political reasons. The great thing about this country is we are both free to find an unrelated Internet forum and argue about it :rock:
Fair enough, I think you’re a good guy who makes valuable contributions here as well and you’re right I’m sure we disagree about a fair amount politically but I too can respect your opinions. I’m sure I’m ascribing some political connotations to some people who don’t mean them as well, but that’s not me pulling it out of the ether.

One guy on here clearly made reference to Elon’s Twitter stances by calling him an unfunny turd. It’s clear he takes issue with Elon’s political stances and twitter behavior and that doesn’t belong here. Worse yet on this very thread we have another guy directly calling my character into question over my amusement with Elon’s Twitter.

That sort of thing is unacceptable frankly and it’s the reason why I make the comments I do. Anyone who’s willing to go that low with their comments really needs to reevaluate their priorities in life and they deserve a little pushback to the toxicity they spread online.

Last edited:

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Being a bit older than I am sure more than a few here, I prefer the days before internet, cell phones, anti-social networking. For those who remember the lighter time stretching the phone cord into the next room, setting up a meet up at a bar, the pier, bowling alley, or arcade and talking smack about whatever, where did those days go? We could disagree, drink heavily and all was right with the world up until the hangover set in.

I respect everyone's option, and of course we are going to disagree at times, so what? Passion for something is great, putting a positive spin on that passion is golden. I am sure our vehicles were built by a combination of republicans, democrats, liberals, Musk defectors, Green Bay fans (JK), and look at the awesome piece of engineering they built working together. Point is we are all needed to succeed, even if we don't see it. Every affiliation and denomination plays a part in life. Some great, some suck, but nothing that some some good old fashioned redneck stupidity shouldn't be able to fix. The loudest person in the room usually had an idea, now it is usually BS and self promoting for 15 min of fame.

A broken clock is right twice a day, my wife uses that as my pep talk as she is always right. Lighten up crew, there will be plenty of time to fight over insignificant things when we are old and in a nursing home battling over the last bowl of jello. Until then, let's bury some trucks in the mud and lie about the size of the fish we caught.

Last edited:

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

Just commentary on the quality
One guy on here clearly made reference to Elon’s Twitter stances by calling him an unfunny turd. It’s clear he takes issue with Elon’s political stances and twitter behavior and that doesn’t belong here.
That was me! I think he's just a dork ass loser, no comment on political anything. That part's all you. My reasoning: he's a turd because he's unfunny and obnoxious and inserts himself everywhere.

Taking a pot shot at one of the wealthiest and most powerful people in history isn't some grand offense, there's no need to take a bullet for this guy. You have zero idea what my politics are, don't pretend a single data point of finding a cringe boomer-courting goober insufferable is somehow an indicator that I'm a blue haired trans sixth wave feminist antifa or something. Get over yourself.

Donald Stanfield said:
Worse yet on this very thread we have another guy directly calling my character into question over my amusement with Elon’s Twitter.
I mean, I agree that was not great to immediately lump you in with a political group just because of some quirks of your sense of humor - and duty to the ruling class, I guess.. That person must have had some bad role models 👀

Donald Stanfield said:
That sort of thing is unacceptable frankly and it’s the reason why I make the comments I do.
lol o7

ok as an edit i kinda regret letting the needling get to me, so imma stop, sorry for stinking the place up folks

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Just commentary on the quality

That was me! I think he's just a dork ass loser, no comment on political anything. That part's all you. My reasoning: he's a turd because he's unfunny and obnoxious and inserts himself everywhere.

Taking a pot shot at one of the wealthiest and most powerful people in history isn't some grand offense, there's no need to take a bullet for this guy. You have zero idea what my politics are, don't pretend a single data point of finding a cringe boomer-courting goober insufferable is somehow an indicator that I'm a blue haired trans sixth wave feminist antifa or something. Get over yourself.

I mean, I agree that was not great to immediately lump you in with a political group just because of some quirks of your sense of humor - and duty to the ruling class, I guess.. That person must have had some bad role models 👀

lol o7

ok as an edit i kinda regret letting the needling get to me, so imma stop, sorry for stinking the place up folks
Regardless of why you're all up in your feels over Elon you could just as easily keep it to yourself. It's off topic and it doesn't belong in here and I don't want to read it on a fucking car forum. That's really the long and short of it. It's not a "single data point" it's some preparation-H level butthurt. We don't need that in here as it has nothing to do with Rivian.

I don't have a duty to the ruling class, I just thing it's pretty funny how people like yourself feel some type of way about it. If you really just thought he was a dork you wouldn't continue to drone on and on about it. Congratulations on being the reason why Elon makes the comments he does. He does it to rustle your jimmies and it appears he has succeeded.

I suggest spending your time on actual issues instead of whining about Elon Musk and how big mean his Twitter comments are. Also it's just some real peak level irony how Elon is supposedly an asshole for inserting his opinion everywhere but you're cool for doing the exact same thing. Well done, another aficionado of unintentional irony heard from.

Here's my last minute edit. I'll keep my comments to myself as soon as you do the same.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Regardless of why you're all up in your feels over Elon you could just as easily keep it to yourself. It's off topic and it doesn't belong in here and I don't want to read it on a fucking car forum. That's really the long and short of it. It's not a "single data point" it's some preparation-H level butthurt. We don't need that in here as it has nothing to do with Rivian.

I don't have a duty to the ruling class, I just thing it's pretty funny how people like yourself feel some type of way about it. If you really just thought he was a dork you wouldn't continue to drone on and on about it. Congratulations on being the reason why Elon makes the comments he does. He does it to rustle your jimmies and it appears he has succeeded.

I suggest spending your time on actual issues instead of whining about Elon Musk and how big mean his Twitter comments are. Also it's just some real peak level irony how Elon is supposedly an asshole for inserting his opinion everywhere but you're cool for doing the exact same thing. Well done, another aficionado of unintentional irony heard from.

Here's my last minute edit. I'll keep my comments to myself as soon as you do the same.
We all have to at least agree on the "Chief Twit" title was good for a chuckle

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
I know this is way off today's topic, but what is best approach for sending suggestions up the chain to Rivian? We all want extra stuff added we take for granted on other vehicles, Apple music, seats and wheel to heat when we turn on climate. But in those moments when realizing Samuel L Jackson has got to be a NAV voice option? When you hyper mile so hard in Conserve Mode the truck asks you why you traded your Prius on an 835hp monster? The inside camera to see when you are stuck in traffic and PISSED! so the lighting changes to soft blue and Enya comes on. You know, the important shit?

Is there a board to vote for your preferred option list for consideration? I don't use any social platforms beside places like this, so please don't say T!@%$r, F*#kBook. Figure CS has enough going on listening to us cry for ETA's, trying to have some empathy. Camp mode is cool, but doesn't setup the tent or do dishes on our imaginary camp kitchens, so.....

OP
OP
domoplaytime

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I know this is way off today's topic, but what is best approach for sending suggestions up the chain to Rivian
I asked my guide this and he suggested I send him a list of requests, which I did.

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
The reality is that 10% of people think Elon is just the worst for his Twitter comments, 10% of people think it’s funny as hell that other 10% is as irrationally upset as they are and 80% of people don’t care.

Let me say this. I love Tesla the car. I am on my second Tesla, a 22 MY.

But I am also a black man, with two LBGTQ kids. Me and my family, and the millions of people like me are more than 10% who are trolled mercilessly by Elon on twitter and more than the 10% who are rationally angry for being trolled as un-American “woke Virus infected“ or whatever his latest taunt to anyone who is not part of his tech bro culture.

I know you did not start this, and whether you like him or not, I am confident that maybe not 80%, but the majority of America believes its unbecoming of a CEO to propagate the trash that Elon has propagated on Twitter and elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents, now carry the hell on.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.