domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Rivian in 2022 has exceeded the excellent treatment I got as a Tesla customer in 2015.

Tesla 2015
Pro: Model S 70D arrived nearly flawless
Cons: safety recall one month later that couldn't be scheduled until four months later. Interior rattles that never went away.

Rivian 2022
Pros: R1T arrived nearly flawless. Pre-order pricing meant I paid less than I did for the Tesla. Very helpful guide, customer support and service center interactions.
Cons: small problems that couldn't be scheduled until three months later, except when one issue became a big problem and they saw me the same day.

My experiences with Tesla in 2015 were great, they made me feel special as a customer. You could actually talk to a human on the phone. Everything has changed. My last experience in 2021 was like this:
  • eMMC was failing so I used the app to schedule a recall appointment. They give you date / time slots to choose from. Great, I picked one that worked for my calendar.
  • Tesla rescheduled my appointment without consulting me, picking their preferred date / time. I got an automated email notification.
  • On my appointment day they say they don't have loaners. They offer an Uber, which I decline. I was hoping for Lyft instead. Somehow magically they found me a loaner. I felt like they were lying to me.
  • When my vehicle was ready the service center was about to close. They agreed to leave the vehicle outside for me to pick up. The key fob was left inside visibly placed on the center arm rest, and they gave me a temporary PIN to drive. Unfortunately they forgot to actually register the PIN with the vehicle, leaving it completely unsecured. There was nobody I could talk to about this.
Newer Tesla customers of course get to complain about FSD lies and the contemptuous yoke decision, etc. I guess I got in before peak Elon megalomania.

Rivian may head the same direction too. Maybe they'll find the 'Munro' of customer experience cheapening consultation. For now though I'm very happy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
domoplaytime

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Cross-posting from a closed thread:

Thatā€™s no where near the problem itā€™s made to be. The truth is the percentage of the population that is butthurt over Elon for whatever reason is a loud but extremely small minority.
I understand you have strong opinions, but have you had experience as a Tesla customer?

Would you care to explore my sore butt further? I'd be happy to explain why I loathe Elon if that helps you get in there better.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

You forgot the poll that's not related to your title/thesis. Let me suggest "Is Elon an unfunny turd whose kids hate him?"

Pretty darn happy with my support too. Have had a few small issues but CS has been attentive and responsive.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Cross-posting from a closed thread:

I understand you have strong opinions, but have you had experience as a Tesla customer?

Would you care to explore my sore butt further? I'd be happy to explain why I loathe Elon if that helps you get in there better.
I couldnā€™t care less guy. What I do know is Iā€™m pretty sick and tired over people whining about Elon and Twitter which sadly happens much too often in here.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
You forgot the poll that's not related to your title/thesis. Let me suggest "Is Elon an unfunny turd whose kids hate him?"

Pretty darn happy with my support too. Have had a few small issues but CS has been attentive and responsive.
I would have to vote that Elon is extremely funny in that poll. I find it beyond amusing how many Jimmieā€™s have been rustled and how many panties have been bunched over his milquetoast twitter trolling.

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
I hope Rivian takes some advice from Munro to remain viable. I don't think the necessary result would be making bad design decisions (yolks) or having crappy customer support.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I would have to vote that Elon is extremely funny in that poll. I find it beyond amusing how many Jimmieā€™s have been rustled and how many panties have been bunched over his milquetoast twitter trolling.
Wow, humor really is such a personal thing, isn't it? :CWL::angel:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I couldnā€™t care less guy. What I do know is Iā€™m pretty sick and tired over people whining about Elon and Twitter which sadly happens much too often in here.
Person who finds Elon funny instead of deplorable, Not surprised you don't like the whining about him being deplorable. I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Wow, humor really is such a personal thing, isn't it? :CWL::angel:
The reality is that 10% of people think Elon is just the worst for his Twitter comments, 10% of people think itā€™s funny as hell that other 10% is as irrationally upset as they are and 80% of people donā€™t care.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Person who finds Elon funny instead of deplorable, Not surprised you don't like the whining about him being deplorable. I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.
I would tell you the same thing but it would be a waste of time. With all the problems in the world it must be nice to be so fucking privileged that you are this upset over bland Twitter commentary.

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
Also, I love how people like yourself can insinuate negative things about me and attack my character while not realizing those attacks make you just as bad as those you complain about.

Maybe look up the definition of irony before replying to me anymore, then put the computer down and go for a walk. Everyone would be better off.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

The reality is that 10% of people think Elon is just the worst for his Twitter comments, 10% of people think itā€™s funny as hell that other 10% is as irrationally upset as they are and 80% of people donā€™t care.
If you think it's his recent twitter comments that make Musk a piece of shit, I can see why you'd have the opinion you do. Others have other reasons.

Bottom of the barrel cringe tier 'own the libs' content will always get some low hanging fruit from easily-enraged activists and easily-amused boomers alike.

All that said, I suggest you take further conversation to an Elon themed forum though (I just checked and reddit has an /r/elonmusk for you), it's getting off topic here. He's only relevant tangentially as the figurehead for Tesla Motors here.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things
If you think it's his recent twitter comments that make Musk a piece of shit, I can see why you'd have the opinion you do. Others have other reasons.

Bottom of the barrel cringe tier 'own the libs' content will always get some low hanging fruit from easily-enraged activists and easily-amused boomers alike.

All that said, I suggest you take further conversation to an Elon themed forum though (I just checked and reddit has an /r/elonmusk for you), it's getting off topic here. He's only relevant tangentially as the figurehead for Tesla Motors here.
Itā€™s cute how you think Iā€™m the one being off topic when whining about Elon on a Rivian forum is the definition of off topic. If you want to piss and moan about how big mean Elon is perhaps take your own advice.

Personally, Iā€™m on this forum to avoid political debate and commentary too bad others such as yourself donā€™t share the same opinion. If youā€™re going to share yours, violating the purpose of this forum, Iā€™m sure the hell going to share mine.

You want to play forum cop, perhaps start with the guy who brought my comment over here from a closed thread.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Stuff and things

Pictured: an on topic comment for a Rivian forum.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Isnā€™t everyone allowed to have their own opinions on Musk, Tesla, Rivian, edamame, po-tay-toe vs po-tah-toe, which Star Wars movie is the best, blue pill vs red pill?

Many people see Rivian as a sort of anti-Tesla, which may or may not be true, but it might explain why you feel there is more anti-Tesla opinion around here. I think itā€™s fair to say that most donā€™t see RJ as the same type of business owner as Musk. TBH we donā€™t know RJ that well but I would mostly agree with that sentiment so far.

Iā€™ve also seen plenty of people here who love Tesla and have since day 1 and thatā€™s perfectly fine with me even though I think Musk is a spoiled brat crypto bro $hitposter. To each their own. So why do you care so much that many DONā€™T like him?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.