kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Im waiting because they told me I had too, I don't mind bugs, I love testing things out and living with the consequences of owning a Beta product. I bought my Alfa with out driving in 2016 being one of the first in the USA and have no regrets.

Rivian R1T R1S Why I’m content waiting for delivery… 1642003514861
Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Somewhat relatedly I was looking at a VW ID.4 as a holdover and subscribed to r/vwiD4Owners/ which I have been reading off and on since thanksgiving......... ...................... VW seems to be underinvesting in software.
Side note. I"m a fan of Consumer Reports "Talking Cars" Podcast. Its a lot more fun to listen to than you might expect from CR. They also talk about EV's a good bit. CR has been testing the iD4, seem really frustrated with the user interface. Episode 341.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-talking-cars/

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Also funny, the reason we "haven't seen stories like this" for Rivian is because they've iron clad NDA'd everyone with one of their cars. :CWL:

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
LOL isn't this the guy who complained that a Mercedes dealer shunned him over MSRP on the EQS and bought the Lucid instead?

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Pretty sure all the system issues in these new EVs would be fixed with a nice disc defrag. :like:

Sponsored

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Somewhat relatedly I was looking at a VW ID.4 as a holdover and subscribed to r/vwiD4Owners/ which I have been reading off and on since thanksgiving. Been seeing a lot of software and electrical problems. At first I chalked it up to selection bias (those with issues speak up). But lately the severity and volume of complaints has me a bit spooked. At this point my plan is just to await the Rivian. I do suspect Rivian, even as a brand new company, will be better at software. VW seems to be underinvesting in software.
We've had an ID.4 since September, my two college students use it as their car.

We've had zero issues, and exclusively fast charge it at a nearby EA. The radio is lackluster, but CarPlay solves that, don't have to deal with the glitchy infotainment stuff.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I'm waiting simple because I don't want to deal with the headaches that comes with every 1st gen version of a vehicle. I'd rather wait for the 2nd gen models to work out the kinks and the company to perfect what they couldn't at launch. Does that mean I'll wait longer than most others? Yes, but I'm not in a position where this is a detriment as I already have transportation readily available to me.
Sponsored