Ginny
Reaction score
First Name
Ginny
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I have a 2011 escalade ext with almost 100,000 miles and was trying to find a replacement because I am getting new Car itis! I want a truck to pull a horse trailer when needed.. Wanted to go electric since I don't drive that far every day. Longest drive during the year has been to las Vegas which is about 250 miles, which i can't do right now. Anyway pre ordered a hummer also but I am really liking the rivian. The hummer is such an off road vehicle with features I will never use. The rivian is a better fit for me. Excited to be able to see and drive. Hoping, if there is a 2021 la auto show, will be able to see there.

Last edited:

snomad

Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 XV Crosstrek
My vehicle in college was a tastefully lifted 1997 white Toyota Tacoma and I loved the thing to death. Fast forward a few years and I started working a job that requires a lot of driving and I wanted something with better gas mileage so I traded it in. I waited for years, hoping that Toyota would release a hybrid Tacoma, but after years of rumors nothing ever materialized.

The Rivian R1T fills that need for me. It gets me back into a truck where I can get good mileage, but still get out on outdoor adventure along with plenty of storage for bikes/backpacking gear/etc.. That dream they teased early on of doing a point to point trail run and having your Rivian drive itself to pick you up at the end of the trailhead is appealing too, if that ever comes to fruition.

Advertisement

Advertisement