Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

Seems to me that there are a lot of prototypes running around out there.
I can understand that friends and family will get first dibs at a new Rivian, certainly couldn't be that many, then there are the employees.
I can also see them getting ahead in line. Maybe they will be offered the prototypes at a discounted price.
I still wish they would tell us their production numbers, and if they will have a small stockpile ready to deliver in June.
I also have not received an answer from Rivian if all models will be 2022 models?
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

ya it would be nice to know what number in line we are. My reservation was put in the first two weeks it was open and I doubt there were alot of people putting $1000 down on a truck they've never heard of.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Seems to me that there are a lot of prototypes running around out there.
I can understand that friends and family will get first dibs at a new Rivian, certainly couldn't be that many, then there are the employees.
I can also see them getting ahead in line. Maybe they will be offered the prototypes at a discounted price.
I still wish they would tell us their production numbers, and if they will have a small stockpile ready to deliver in June.
I also have not received an answer from Rivian if all models will be 2022 models?
More details will be announced closer to production.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

They need to up their game to "We look forward to providing more details, closer to production, soon."
That wording sounds pretty aggressive for what we've been trained to expect. Maybe if they sprinkled in a few "possibly"s or "maybe"s, I could get behind that. We'll find out, maybe one Thursday soon....possibly....?

Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I'm a bit more stoked now. Had chosen the R1T with max pack which moved me to a January 2022+ delivery date and lost the whole launch edition. Since we need a truck for long-range this Summer we ended up getting an F150.

Thus, Rivian was nice enough to change our preorder back to an R1S, and is allowing it to be a launch edition once again since we are able to go with the 300+ mile version with an SUV. Looking forward to the August+ date now for an R1S 7 seater!

(on a note, they already seem so much nicer/easier to deal with than Tesla!)

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Uh awkward.
The answers ME.
Thread closed but I’ll still offer to pick ya’ll up to check it out.
Sponsored