First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
In a gas car, when someone thinks there should be a race, I will rev right back at them... and granny shift up to the speed limit whilst they speed off. It's most fun when the police are near.

I'll miss that with an EV.
Listen to Peter, Paul and Mary’s Paul Stookey doing standup comedy in the middle of a live concert for a university crowd. It's called "Paul Talk" and it's a classic for what you just described. It's all very funny, but the automobile stories start at the 2:15 mark. If you don't have the time, the street race part starts a 9:05. Enjoy!

Paul Talk
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
So what’s the point in posting this and then not responding at all? No comment or anything. Seems like the UT charger post…..

OP
OP
Count Orlok

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
So what’s the point in posting this and then not responding at all? No comment or anything. Seems like the UT charger post…..
So what's the point in posting this about posting this? I didn't know who this tool is Karen.

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Street racing is for "tools" just because you have an EV doesn't make you special.

You may win a race even stopping at the speed limit but if a kid in the next lane, does a flyby in his Honda Civic, loses control then ploughs into a sidewalk or crosswalk with kids standing there, then you are also at fault!

howler99

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 350
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

I remember when 0-60 times under 6 seconds were unheard of except maybe a few supercars.

Now, they're commonly going up at half that, and I don't get it. The Model S is something like 0-60 in low 3's, but for another $35-40k or so you can get the Plaid and supposedly do it in low 2's, but with a hit on range.

I know that relatively it's a big difference, but really?

I guess I'm just old, but I'm thinking I don't need the 800hp R1T, and can just wait for the mere 600hp version.
Sponsored