Sponsored

Who has the furthest delivery from a service center

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
I am 150 miles from a service center. I could change my delivery address to a family member but being an early adopter I am not looking forward to having any issues 150 miles away.

I wanted to see the furthest delivery other than driving to Normal that someone currently has.

I am only a 2021 reservation holder so I do not mind waiting until later this year or next
Also anyone 100+ miles or further how have the service experiences been if any?
Sponsored

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
I am 243 miles from the Cleveland service center and 313 Miles from the Brooklyn service center. My truck was delivered 3/31/22. I just rolled over 25,000 miles. I took it to Cleveland for an alignment in October and they addressed some other issues while it was there. This last Thursday they sent a mobile service guy to check the seat belt recall and address a sticky door handle and he repaired it on the spot.

I have let some minor problems go for a while knowing I am far away. Some people wouldn't be okay with it. I love the truck

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I know for a fact there are more than a couple brave souls who don’t have a service center in their state at all, which puts them several hundred miles away. They happily took delivery knowing that was the case, but as you said - that is something you need to consider. To some that is just part of the adventure!

69LandRover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I am 243 miles from the Cleveland service center and 313 Miles from the Brooklyn service center. My truck was delivered 3/31/22. I just rolled over 25,000 miles. I took it to Cleveland for an alignment in October and they addressed some other issues while it was there. This last Thursday they sent a mobile service guy to check the seat belt recall and address a sticky door handle and he repaired it on the spot.

I have let some minor problems go for a while knowing I am far away. Some people wouldn't be okay with it. I love the truck
We must be neighbors!
I'm 248 miles from Brooklyn and 306 miles from Cleveland.
There is a mobile service tech based out of Rochester. Great guy. He's serviced my R1T to fix some rattles and the adjust tailgate and gear tunnel doors. He also fixed the wiper fluid nozzles. You should call and ask for a mobile service appointment to get your issues addressed.

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I'm 248 miles north of the Plymouth, MI SC, and took delivery 3/16/22. I've had mobile service 3 times for minor issues and a couple of the recalls. It was pretty easy to get scheduled. Once early last summer they flat bedded it to Plymouth and back for minor non drivability issues (tonneau issues, frunk and tailgate not opening properly), but I don't think that will be happening anymore unless the problem is major.

I'm not sure I would do this if I did not have several vehicles in my household, but so far it has never been out of service except for its 3-day flatbed vacation to Plymouth last summer.

Sponsored

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
216, Vermont to Boston.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I know for a fact there are more than a couple brave souls who don’t have a service center in their state at all, which puts them several hundred miles away. They happily took delivery knowing that was the case, but as you said - that is something you need to consider. To some that is just part of the adventure!
Yea I'm 160 miles from the nearest service center (Atlanta). Luckily I don't have any experience with the service process.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
180 Miles to Nashville and 213 to Atlanta.

ADKR1S

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T , 2023 Toyota 4Runner, R1S Preorder
Occupation
VP of Sales
270 miles from the Cleveland Service Center to my house.

Fclmd

First Name
Fawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Kia Telluride
Clubs

We live in Tulsa, OK. Nearest distribution centers are Dallas (270 mi) and Kansas City (265 mi).
My husband took delivery of his R1T last year, delivered from the Kansas distribution center. I just got a call last week about my R1S also from the Kansas distribution center!!
The R1T has had two minor recall repairs/checks for which Rivian sent the repairman to our house to address the problem.
For Larger repair issues they would take the truck to Dallas for repairs.
Rivian has been very helpful and Responsive and the R1T delivery went very well.

Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I'm almost equidistant between three service centers:
245 miles to Olathe, KS
320 miles to Memphis, TN
335 miles to Dallas, TX

My R1T has been hauled to both the Olathe, KS and Dallas, TX service centers. I've appreciated Rivian service techs looking at backlog within each service center as well as the mileage to determine the most efficient location. This has helped speed the turn-around time for service appointments.

The downside is I had to drive 500-mile roundtrip in one day to get a $0.05 pinched o-ring replaced on my A/C system. Stay adventurous.

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

~250 to the Atlanta SC. Those of us in NC, are looking at either Atlanta or Richmond, so I'm sure there are some in NC that are even farther away. It is the one thing that concerns me and why I am fine with not being first. (It is also why I do not want to be first in line for OTA's.)

To add further proof to my stupidity, I've never touched, sat in, or driven a Rivian. In fact, other than pulling up beside one on the interstate, I've never seen one up close. Yet, I'm excited as **** to take delivery next week. I figured out a long time ago, and my wife reminds me often, I'm an idiot. But, what the hell, if you can't change it, might as well embrace it, right?

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
We must be neighbors!
I'm 248 miles from Brooklyn and 306 miles from Cleveland.
There is a mobile service tech based out of Rochester. Great guy. He's serviced my R1T to fix some rattles and the adjust tailgate and gear tunnel doors. He also fixed the wiper fluid nozzles. You should call and ask for a mobile service appointment to get your issues addressed.
I'm in Rochester and had my R1T delivery bumped out to Q2 next year due to the distance. It's encouraging to hear that there's a mobile service tech based here.

elecrticeddy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Sport HSE, Rivian R1S, R1T, 911T Targa 71
Occupation
Strategic Marketing & Research
Clubs

i pick up my R1S tomorrow looking at my paperwork my build date was in 2022. I am wondering if that means my R1S will have the Meridian or the in house. My truck has Meridian and it is pretty good but not as goood as my prior Range Rover that also was Meridian. Any thoughts or anyone that has a Rivian now with a build date in 2022 with a in house system vs Meridian.
Sponsored