Sponsored

Who else is waiting for the camp kitchen?

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
It's a pricey accessory, but I'm going for it anyway. I wonder when they'll start shipping. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I’m waiting for mine, and my R1T.

Rasputin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KTM, Vespa
In the same boat. Was pulled off the order a couple of days ago, and saw that you can still go back and add it to the config through an update. Thought about doing that but I don't want to poke the dragon.

I am really interested to see what else they do with the modules... I sure hope they have a camp refrigerator option in the works. That would be more useful for me personally than a hot plate with a bunch of titanium cookware, but I ordered anyway.

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired
My camp kitchen was deleted from my pre order. R1T delivery estimate Dec22-Jan23.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Nobody has received one. They are vaporware with only a few one-off hand-built ones for the demo trucks, and nobody has received any kind of ETA of when they might actually ship. You cannot go through with a purchase of a truck with one, they are removed from all orders at purchase time.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
I was told by my guide they had to remove it from my configuration, but I would be able to buy it at a later date for the original price as an early preorder holder. I was hoping they were out there and just slow to be produced, but it sounds like they really are vaporware at this point, just like the wrist band.

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
I heard from my guide that employees had recently received revised camp kitchens as part of (I assume) pre-production testing. But no ETA. If true they're becoming less vaporware and more real.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I heard from my guide that employees had recently received revised camp kitchens as part of (I assume) pre-production testing. But no ETA. If true they're becoming less vaporware and more real.
I wonder what they had to change, after a few years of testing now…

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I wonder what they had to change, after a few years of testing now…
They mentioned that you could now fill the water tank from either the sink when the kitchen is extended, or the opposite side of the gear tunnel when the kitchen is retracted. I saw this confirmed on a video from the Overland Expo recently. Seems like a useful feature.

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope they made that extendable leg sturdier and longer.
The version of the leg I saw in the Overland Expo video was propped up on a rock. So it doesn't seem like it.
Sponsored