Sponsored

Who else is pissed that order # doesn't matter?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For those dissatisfied with the current situation, there's a less stressful solution....
Rivian R1T R1S Who else is pissed that order # doesn't matter? Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.32.47 PM
Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Not me...bunching colors/options makes more sense and overall faster delivery.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Or a couple of folks on this board too. Most of People here have jobs and need to actually do work, not necessarily obsess day after fucking day over a company and their perceived slights towards the customer.

Not everyone has time to Karen and ask for the internet manager. If I were as pissed off and obsessed as some of you folks supposedly are here, I would've just taken my business elsewhere. (LOL) Otherwise, prepare to be patient.

Ignoring Peashooter and Rwerksman now

Peekaboo

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7
The sheer stupidity and ignorance of your posts makes me think you're trolling. Rivian obviously wants to start delivering to locations where their service centers are almost finished. Imagine if you're in an accident and you have to drive across half the country to get your rivian repaired, it doesn't make sense. And they probably received a higher density of orders from the west, so they can make sure the service centers are not put to waste.

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

For those dissatisfied with the current situation, there's a less stressful solution....
Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 3.32.47 PM.png
Obviously your not a 2018 reservation holder…

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Obviously your not a 2018 reservation holder…
It applies to 2018 reservation holders. It’s a consumer product, not your personal identity.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Rivian obviously wants to start delivering to locations where their service centers are almost finished. Imagine if you're in an accident and you have to drive across half the country to get your rivian repaired, it doesn't make sense.
I think I understand what you're trying to convey. So with this in mind, it would limit travel to only within these service center areas, once you've gotten your Rivian. Otherwise, if you made a trip into an area where a service center is not located, then you'd be in trouble, if you had an accident. Something about this seems wrong. Maybe this is part of the reason for the Mobile setup. I don't think it's reasonable to ask someone, to restrict their travel within a service center area......or I may have misinterpreted your quote.

And, once people take possession of their vehicle, within a service center location, doesn't mean they will continue to live there. They could move to an area without service. I suspect when folks start getting their Rivians, they will be traveling all over the place. So I'm not really seeing how they determine where deliveries are being sent first, based on the location of their service center areas......but, it seems they are. Maybe they think most won't either move, or not be traveling that far away from service areas.

I still say order number should take priority.

Lowest number/Configuration/fill the truck up with the lowest numbers in that area/deliver

Next lowest number/Configuration/fill the truck up with lowest numbers in that area/deliver

Keep repeating, but never allow someone with a year later reservation to advance, under any circumstance.......I'll go with this, unless I can be convinced that Rivian will only be allowed to travel within service center areas, and you can't relocate to a service deprived area, until a service center is built close by.

Or, maybe Rivian is doing something similar to this. We sure don't know do we.... ?

Last edited:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Gotta love how all the fanboi’s come into a thread about being pissed just to slam on people who are pissed, Definition of trolling? ?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Gotta love how all the fanboi’s come into a thread about being pissed just to slam on people who are pissed, Definition of trolling? ?
Fanboism is also irritating as fuck. My entire career has been in the tech industry working on products (video game consoles, internet services, mobile phones) that have their share of fanbois and haters. Tribalism at its worst

It’s just a damn consumer product at the end of the day. Companies are not loyal to their fan base.

From an emotionally detached perspective, if people aren’t happy; vote with their money. From a pragmatic perspective, always have an alternative (F150 lightning, Hummer EV, anyone?)
Sponsored