Sponsored

Which upcoming vehicles are you most excited to see?

DirtyJester

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 kona ev
Occupation
Millwright
I also have a reservation on the Silverado but am currently frustrated by lack of any news on this truck. I’m sure once deliveries start that I will be as addicted to those review videos as I have been to the rivian.

but the one that I am most excited to see is the ram. Maybe I’m biased as I’ve had 3 rams already but to me this one has my interest really perked. Like on par with the rivian and I haven’t even seen what it looks like yet lol.
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I also have a reservation on the Silverado but am currently frustrated by lack of any news on this truck. I’m sure once deliveries start that I will be as addicted to those review videos as I have been to the rivian.

but the one that I am most excited to see is the ram. Maybe I’m biased as I’ve had 3 rams already but to me this one has my interest really perked. Like on par with the rivian and I haven’t even seen what it looks like yet lol.
I'm not Nostradamus but I can basically guarantee you that the reality of the Ram will be incredibly disappointing compared to expectations.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Oddly enough I’m most excited about the cyber truck. I can’t believe I just said that.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I am also most curious to see what Ram does, even though I know it will be disappointing because of the way they are building it up slowly. I’m mostly curious since they waited to see what Rivian/ Ford/ GM released before starting. So they have no excuse for not at least matching specs.

I’m curious about the Cybertruck in more of a circus sideshow way:CWL:

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
BEV about size of S2000. Only need 150 mile range. 0-60 in 2.5 or less. Whoever makes something like this for less than 6 figures.
My guess is Mazda will probably be the one who does it. They announced a new BEV sedan a few days ago, I imagine after that would come a crossover and hopefully a Miata EV. Although it probably won’t be that quick.

Reactions: Opa

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

I really want to know about the Wolf from Alpha Motors. They have such cool vaporware!
Rivian R1T R1S Which upcoming vehicles are you most excited to see? alpha-motors-wolf_100784761_l

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
CyberTruck. 1000 kw charging. Heat pump. Love the yoke on the Model S. Working automatic tonneau cover.

Range, frunk capacity, etc., remains to be seen.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I might be most "excited" for the Scout, but I am skeptical on it, as its too far off and too unknown to really be excited for. The prices on some of these EVs makes it hard for me to get excited. I have a reservations for eSilverado, but given its physical size I doubt I will follow through. Not to mention the largely unknown pricing. And the fact GM predicted Debut Edition Lyriqs in Spring 2022 (still waiting GM - but I will cancel that since I have my R1T that I ordered after the Lyriq). I hope GM/Ford will eventually introduce midsize EV trucks, but I think they won't do that until sales slow on their full size eTrucks, which have higher margins. I don't think they would want smaller trucks eating away at their full size offerings.

I would like to learn more about the Porsche coupe Evs that are testing, but they may be out of my price range. And if they were in my price range, I might prefer to get the current ICE versions in a manual, before they go away.

For the foreseeable future, I will probably just stick with my R1T and 2019 JLR Wrangler.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
The Chevy Equinox. I already have my once in a lifetime splurge on buying something way more expensive and/or way more capable than what I need in the Rivian. I despise spending money on cars that are mostly nothing more than a necessary tool for me. I do want to ditch anything operated by gas in my garage. The second vehicle is for my wife and neither of us really drive that much. So the only one I really care about right now is the Chevy Equinox EV. I want AWD, so if they can hit their mark with "around $30k" on the base model, if I can get an AWD with ~250 miles range for under $40k eligible for the tax rebate, I'll likely go for it. Would love to think Rivian could achieve something like that with the R2, but I seriously doubt they can pull it off. And given 2026 would be the best case, I don't think I want to wait that long. So I'll have to swallow an antiemetic, hold my nose, and walk in to a local Chevy dealer to maybe get the Equinox.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
CyberTruck. 1000 kw charging. Heat pump. Love the yoke on the Model S. Working automatic tonneau cover.
Big assumption that the tonneau will work.

Range, frunk capacity, etc., remains to be seen.
And those kind of minor details like the final dimensions and price.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired