which car companies will go bankrupt

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I found https://www.nextbigfuture.com/2021/08/which-car-companies-will-go-bankrupt-first.html to be an interesting though short read. Our favorite company is not compared so I am curious of its "score". Of interest is the evaluation that Ford is a 50/50 shot, and VW is considered at high risk. If you follow the links in the story to the sources there is a long detailed analysis of Tesla, and IMO, it's overly optimistic. Tesla's strength is not entrenched, though they do continue to post strong sales. They've only recently been profitable, and that's only if you discount the emissions credits it can receive - a lucrative profit center that can be snipped by legislation faster than a quad-motor quarter-mile.
Sponsored

denyo69

First Name
Danil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
no car at the moment
Occupation
Consultant
VW high risk? I think the Company will easily be around in a few decades

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Tesla is the benchmark.

Rivian, lucid have stormy waters ahead of them.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Chrysler is not long for this world. They have been on life support for decades!

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
Chrysler is not long for this world. They have been on life support for decades!
Chrysler is just a small segment of Stellantis at this time, well overshasdowed by Jeep and RAM. Poor sales won't impact the bottom line that heavily.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
I was a bigger skeptic before Rivian's S1 issuance. While $1.9B in losses the past 24-36 months looks stunning, so does their $11B investor raise and 48k preorder deposits. They seem to be taking the ramp up seriously and hopefully deliver for the consumer.
Sponsored