Sponsored

Where will we get service here in WMA?

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
I live right by the Tyson's Tesla... I hope Rivian opens up something like this, but I am not hopeful given they've ignored this region up to this point.
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I live right by the Tyson's Tesla... I hope Rivian opens up something like this, but I am not hopeful given they've ignored this region up to this point.
On Rivians website they have a Position open for a Washington DC Facility Manager so I am guessing downtown with concierge service to drop off and pick up.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
The Deployment Manager, Charging works closely with the Real Estate, Design, Operations and Purchasing managers and shall lead facilities design and construction projects to ensure all financial, administrative, contractual, and technical aspects of multiple projects are being executed, as required. Facilities associated with this role will focus on the charging network, but may include workplaces, production facilities, logistics facilities, retail, and service network.

The primary function of the Deployment Manager is to manage the design, utility grid connection, entitlement, and construction of charging infrastructure and report to the Senior Manager of Charging Deployment. The Deployment Manager is the primary contact for each assigned project and works adjacent to the Real Estate, Service, and Operations Managers.

- Accompany the real estate team on site visits, provide design and build feedback to influence site selection and layout
- Review and redline all drawings produced by either in-house or 3rd party engineering teams.
- Build relationships with utility companies. Coordinate with stakeholders to generate appropriate utility designs, easements, line extension agreements, and construction orders.
- Represent Rivian at zoning hearings. Coordinate with municipalities as needed for permits.
- Create contractor and vendor RFP documents (scope narratives, schedules, etc.), attend job walks and selection/award review meetings. Bid out and award construction contracts.
- Develop work plans and overseeing performance of general contractors, and occasionally directly to trade subcontractors and/or vendors
- Oversee the work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents
- Resolve field construction problems in coordination with engineering staff, third parties, and other agencies as necessary
- Build out Rivianā€™s vendor base by finding, qualifying, and training design firms, material suppliers, and general contractors.

THIS IS WHAT YOUā€™LL NEED:
- A bachelorā€™s degree in engineering, architecture, or construction management, is preferred, or similar number of years of experience in the field; and three (3) years of experience managing construction projects of similar size and complexity.
- Lead projects ā€œthe Rivian way,ā€ providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment,vision and teamwork.
- Plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex, fast-paced and/or unorthodox construction projects
- Manage multiple project and issues effectively
- Knowledge of engineering drawings and specifications
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Effectively solve problems and conflicts
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Possesses written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations
- Conduct meetings and provide effective leadership to project team members
- Develop and manage budgets within established parameters

THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Facilities

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
I live right by the Tyson's Tesla... I hope Rivian opens up something like this,
I hope not. It takes 3 weeks to get an appointment. But then you can go to Rockville or Springfield.

Virginia is a middle of the road state in terms of allowing sales without dealerships (NADA is just down the road from the Tysons Tesla store) so I'd guess that the initial service centers (if that's what they do) will be in the District or MD.

Sponsored

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Lots of jobs posted at Rivian, but nothing in Oklahoma - or even Texas. Hope they donā€™t forget us out here when it comes to delivery/service.

https://jobs.lever.co/rivian.com

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
I'm in 22101 as well. Dulles would be fine. I'd guess there would be advantages to Rivian being close to an international airport with freight options. The service pitch on the website notes they would be providing transport to the service center and loaners, so where the center is located is a little less important.

Sponsored

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
Can confirm Rockville and Herndon will have service locations.
Rockville isnt that bad for me, but I was hoping for something closer to Baltimore metro area. I mean if they are going to come pick it up for me anyway, I guess it wont matter.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Think Richmond, VA qualifies as being "close enough" to the DC service center to deliver an RS1?

Confirmed Richmond has their own service locations as well.
Sponsored