Sponsored

Where will we get service here in WMA?

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

Confirmed Richmond has their own service locations as well.
But I wonder how long it will take before Richmond is up and running...
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

But I wonder how long it will take before Richmond is up and running...
For initial Deliveries not much is needed really and their service centers are basic where everything is software or initially things like tire mounting/alignment. Should be pretty easy to spin up. The locations are NOT their fancy showrooms/waiting areas like Brooklyn and El Segundo.

OP
OP
cwinters

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
So where in Herndon will the center be? My bet given the zip is next to the Wegmans and other dealerships out there off 28.

Funny we have so many 22101ers in here. I'm 22102.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So where in Herndon will the center be? My bet given the zip is next to the Wegmans and other dealerships out there off 28.

Funny we have so many 22101ers in here. I'm 22102.

So a warehouse area Ill have to see if I can find out and LUK but its remote service really so nothing Id imagine right now.

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ram 1500
Occupation
Electrical Engr. & Contractor, Master Electrician
Folks, any updates on the service center for DMV area? Any construction/renovation for that potential DC location? It seems that we have to first get a service center in operation before the delivery starts in this area.

Sponsored

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I haven't seen ANY movement at the location near DOT/Navy Yard. It is really a cool site, but I don't see how they build it there before building one in Herndon. I think the location mentioned above is probably correct next to the Wegmans somewhere. All the high end dealerships are there, there is a Tesla service center right next to Crooked Run Brewery. We will never find it though until something is published or we follow a Rivian there with all the giant data centers and industrial parks it will be a needle in a stack of needles.

Rivianmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d, Toyota 4Runner
Hi neighbors, anything more on service/retail in DMV area? Kanundrum, you mention you know they are setup - do you mind me asking why? Really hoping we are lucky to be good out of the gate due to location. Wondering if not, are we close enough to Brooklyn location for major repairs to still be ok?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Hi neighbors, anything more on service/retail in DMV area? Kanundrum, you mention you know they are setup - do you mind me asking why? Really hoping we are lucky to be good out of the gate due to location. Wondering if not, are we close enough to Brooklyn location for major repairs to still be ok?

I have a friend who interviewed with them and have been maybe doing some linked in stalking on the folks who work in the area LOL.

They are operating out of 2 warehouse locations for now but they are not reigstered or I guess leasing/renting thru a company until a proper service center is built I am assuming. Because of this I do not know the exact locations though I haven't really tried looking.

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ram 1500
Occupation
Electrical Engr. & Contractor, Master Electrician
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/my-q-a-with-rivian-reps-at-venice-hub.2476/

So, the folks at the Rivian Hub confirmed that a service center is not required for kicking off the delivery and all they need is a service van. If this is true, it's great news for the DVM because we don't have any concrete evidence on a local service center or a hub yet.

Hopefully they deploy one or two mobile service vans (better yet a Rivian van) and utilize some of the local Amazon distribution/shipping centers for spare parts and service equipment.

That leaves us to start thinking about where to test drive this thing when the First Mile event reaches DMV! Feeling hopeful!

Sponsored

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas

ThatOneGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Doesn't really look like anything is planned for the DC Metro area through 2023. Are they planning to rely on mobile service so much that there wouldn't be a center in the immediate area?

Rivian R1T R1S Where will we get service here in WMA? Rivian Service Centers 2023

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Doesn't really look like anything is planned for the DC Metro area through 2023. Are they planning to rely on mobile service so much that there wouldn't be a center in the immediate area?

Rivian Service Centers 2023.png

Yup their facilities will simply be a service center, for which ever reason their DC location fell thru from what I can tell and they have not registered any entities for leasing in our area in terms of show room though I haven't checked in a while.

OP
OP
cwinters

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
But 3 in Baltimore? That's a really bad map. I bet one of those dots is Rockville or somewhere closer to DMV than we think.
Sponsored