Where to purchase R20 tires and TPMS?

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Anyone know if it’s possible to order the rivian specific pirelli tires R20 tires? Picking mine up on Wednesday but I would let a set of more capable wheels and tires. I plan on getting the 1EV wheels. Are the TPMS sensors standard or no?
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Kepi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I spoke to a service advisor today and he double checked on TPMS and confirmed they're standard Bluetooth based units and not Rivian specific.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

This guy here programmed new TPMS himself. 3 minutes each wheel.

RE TPMS, I purchased the TPMS The Main Resource 17-43042 Smart Sensor One Clamp-In and the
SMART SENSOR 17-144 XS Pro+ Sensor Programming Tool TPMS Programmer in order to program them myself, from the big A. I installed the TPMS myself on my oftermarket +38 offset 20 inch rims holding my new 275/65-R20. At the end of the day, I will have three sets of wheel combinations, one OEM 22 for highway, one 20 for winter, and one 20 for rock crawling. I will loan the programmer if anyone needs it.

Programming is a simple matter of copy and paste. Location has to be the same. Took less than 3 minutes each and I know it was done correctly, because I did it myself. It is best to use solid hard stems. Torque to 4 in-lbs. Drive for about o.2 miles, but you have to that anyways to get a reading on the drivers screen at start up. The tool also can be used to read the tires OE TPMS S/N and parameters. If you found the TPMS manufacturer, good for you. I gave up quickly and solved the problem myself, Rivian SC don't even know the TPMS frequency , much less the manufacture. Oh yeah, the programming tool has the Rivian R1T and R1S already programmed in to copy and paste easily, no guess work. Too bad tire busters don't stay current. Safe adventures.

Here is the thread.....https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/edit-new-tires-installed-got-the-new-wheels-tires-installed-photos-to-show-fitment-not-wheel-choice.6408/page-4#post-184240

Post 49 onwards.....

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I spoke to a service advisor today and he double checked on TPMS and confirmed they're standard Bluetooth based units and not Rivian specific.
They’re not bluetooth. They’re operate at 433MHz.

Sponsored

Kepi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Thanks for the pic of the actual unit :)

The service rep went off and checked and came back with BLE... sigh...

Canceling my BLE set and ordering a 433 set.
Sponsored