Sponsored

Where is my R1T

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Thank you, sir, Its been 5 months and I still haven't selected options. Just seems like a long time
Many people have been waiting 3+ years, FYI.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike1li

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Occupation
Director
The early adopters waited 3 years and are just getting their trucks. I'm lucky and was early enough and close enough to a service center to get 12-13 month estimate from date of order. I would guess the average wait right now is somewhere in the 14-18 month frame. This of course will decrease as production ramps, so it's anybody's guess. We are supposed to receive updated ETA's by the end of october.
Thank you Sir All the best

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Thank you, sir, Its been 5 months and I still haven't selected options. Just seems like a long time
Not being able to select configuration yet sounds right to me given your reservation timing around 5 months ago. Rivian changed their reservation process around spring to let people reserve but not configure. I think this was done to keep expectations more realistic given the longer lead times combined with potential changes to pricing, standard features, options, color choices, etc.

OP
OP

Mike1li

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Occupation
Director
Not being able to select configuration yet sounds right to me given your reservation timing around 5 months ago. Rivian changed their reservation process around spring to let people reserve but not configure. I think this was done to keep expectations more realistic given the longer lead times combined with potential changes to pricing, standard features, options, color choices, etc.
Thank you Sir All the best

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Wrangler
I just ordered a few days too. Not only do you have the ramp up to consider, but out of those 100k orders, I image a percentage will pass when offered the chance to configure and pay for their truck they probably forgot about in a 2 year wait. Like the folks who take a number at the barber shop and walk away.

I still don't expect to get the opportunity to buy one until 2024 though. Hopefully they're not over $100k by then.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

“Shares of Rivian Automotive Inc. rose in late trading after the automaker reported an increase in production and reaffirmed its goal to build 25,000 electric vehicles this year.

The company produced 7,363 vehicles in the third quarter and delivered 6,584 to customers, according to a statement Monday. That’s up from 4,401 vehicles built in the prior quarter and 4,467 handed over to buyers.”

I would be pleasantly surprised if they produce more than 65k-75k in 2023, with a 4q23 run-rate at 25k a quarter.
Those seem very reasonable figures and then in 2024 they can get towards 150k for R1 which along with EDV would get them over 80% utilization and slow the money drain.
Sponsored