Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.vermibag.com
Vehicles
Jeep cherokee
Occupation
Engineer
When do you think Rivian will officially switch the R1T and R1S from 2022 model to 2023 Model? I would assume it will have no major changes, but hopefully a few less bugs and a working tonneau cover😊
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Hopefully before the OC interior comes out. I have been wondering the same thing would hate to get the end of the year run.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
modelyear doesn’t mean a whole lot. What matters is the build date/VIN at which they decide to bring in any changes.

e.g. my Land Rover is an (early) 2002 model, but does not have some features found on 2002 and later model years…because it’s a few hundred serial numbers before those particular changes were rolled in. The only way to tell is by the serial number(VIN).

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Jan 1, 2023

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
There's no guarantee, but I see Rivian using the Tesla model of the year you buy it being the "model year", and the vehicle getting constant, small improvements.

I think they've already been improving the vehicles in small ways—the tonneau cover seems like it's already seen some changes.

IMO, this is a better way to roll in general, even if it has drawbacks. The main benefit is a fix or new feature can get rolled out immediately. Also, manufacturers have been pushing "model years" back so far that they are almost meaningless, anyway. The main drawback is there's no way to look at a vehicle and know immediately what fixes it does or doesn't have—but then again, you can't always trust model year for that, anyway.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

There's no guarantee, but I see Rivian using the Tesla model of the year you buy it being the "model year", and the vehicle getting constant, small improvements.

I think they've already been improving the vehicles in small ways—the tonneau cover seems like it's already seen some changes.

IMO, this is a better way to roll in general, even if it has drawbacks. The main benefit is a fix or new feature can get rolled out immediately. Also, manufacturers have been pushing "model years" back so far that they are almost meaningless, anyway. The main drawback is there's no way to look at a vehicle and know immediately what fixes it does or doesn't have—but then again, you can't always trust model year for that, anyway.
Legally they can only do a model year until that year is actually over. They can start a model year on the first day of the previous year. Rivian could decide to produce 22's until December 31st of 22 and switch to 24's on Jan 1.
Sponsored