Sponsored

When Will Rivian Communicate Adventure / Explore dates? [Poll]

When will Rivian communicate Adventure / Explore delivery timeframes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Anybody else counting the minutes until the deadline for Rivian to communicate Adventure / Explore delivery dates?

I am also surprised they will communicate R1S delivery dates without “Bigger” pack being configurable - at least 15% of R1S holders are planning to get Max Pack.
Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
If I'm honest, I think they should hold off on making any more delivery estimates until they get their production figured out.

The earnings call showed that they weren't even able to accurately forecast ~1,000 builds over a 2 month period. I have very little faith that they'll have anything close to a real forecast for tens of thousands of vehicles over the next two+ years. I'd guess the Launch Edition delivery estimates people received are already inaccurate.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised if it came tonight after the bell but the week of Christmas is always a good time to bury something in the news cycle.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Need to add an option for after January 1st.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I am not expecting to hear before the end of the year. That's too ambitious despite what they said.

I'd rather they just issue monthly updates on production ramp up and let people know how it's going.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
They need to make up a date even if they have no confidence in it. Ford is suppose to open up the order books in January. That means folks putting deposit down for an estimated delivery date. I assume there is some overlap of reservation holders. I know I am one and having a date with Rivian will help in sticking around specially if it is not too far down the road.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

They need to make up a date even if they have no confidence in it. Ford is suppose to open up the order books in January. That means folks putting deposit down for an estimated delivery date. I assume there is some overlap of reservation holders. I know I am one and having a date with Rivian will help in sticking around specially if it is not too far down the road.
They cannot make up dates with no confidence as a public company by law.

You can always say they all lie or make things up but it speaks to the integrity of the company. If that's the case, do you want to buy their products?

R1TMDSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5, GMC Yukon XL
I talked with CS on the phone today. They said that some emails with delivery windows have gone out to non-LE customers already. And they said that weren’t planning on waiting until 12/31 to send out the emails. He reiterated that R1T adventure deliveries are slated to start in March 2022 and also stated that some options (interior color in particular) will affect delivery timing.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I talked with CS on the phone today. They said that some emails with delivery windows have gone out to non-LE customers already. And they said that weren’t planning on waiting until 12/31 to send out the emails. He reiterated that R1T adventure deliveries are slated to start in March 2022 and also stated that some options (interior color in particular) will affect delivery timing.
*anticipation intensifies*

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
That would be a bad idea, likely illegal and really piss people off.

I'll take it whenever it's ready. I just need them to give me a couple weeks notice so I know I'm not traveling when they are delivering it.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

I have begun to ask each of my questions to 3 different CS agents in order to ensure the information is consistent. Recently, all have said emails will be out before year’s end and also that R1S adventure will begin delivery in May and R1S explore in August. Other than that, no consistency in answers.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’m remaining optimistic that we’ll have a Rivian Christmas.

I was a good boy this year. ?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

If I'm honest, I think they should hold off on making any more delivery estimates until they get their production figured out.

The earnings call showed that they weren't even able to accurately forecast ~1,000 builds over a 2 month period. I have very little faith that they'll have anything close to a real forecast for tens of thousands of vehicles over the next two+ years. I'd guess the Launch Edition delivery estimates people received are already inaccurate.
The estimates have a two month window so the 400 or so they miss by now is easily covered by that as they scale up - unless further issues happen.
Sponsored