Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I sent my truck in a couple weeks back for seemingly routine items that only needed a day. During service, the staff found my rear subframe was cracked and ordered a new one, putting my truck out of commission while I had a couple trips across the pass planned. Luckily, the Bellevue staff is AWESOME and saved my hide!

The day I got the fully charged loaner, I headed to Cle Elum for an annual military honors ceremony. The Enterprise Nissan Leaf was not going to make it in that awful weather, but the Rivian made it a breeze.

We made it to Wenatchee and biked a couple days while staying at the State Park near town. Then on a whim, we decided to head north for LARCH MADNESS and do a couple hikes in the North Cascades. We scored a spot at a state park outside Winthrop and headed west from there, riding again in Arlington.

Big thanks to Bellevue staff, especially Clare, for keeping me well apprised of the repairs and setting me up for success with a loaner! Even with 20" ATs, the guessometer was incredibly accurate and gave us total confidence in this trip.

Rivian R1T R1S When life gives you a cracked subframe...Rivian staff save the day! PXL_20231008_154734167~3 (1)

Rivian R1T R1S When life gives you a cracked subframe...Rivian staff save the day! PXL_20231007_210955944
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
So are there any symptoms to the cracked subframe? Is service just finding this issue routinely? Seems like a decent number of owners have reported replacements without working their trucks very hard.

Nucks

First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, model 3
Occupation
Software Engineer
I sent my truck in a couple weeks back for seemingly routine items that only needed a day. During service, the staff found my rear subframe was cracked and ordered a new one, putting my truck out of commission while I had a couple trips across the pass planned. Luckily, the Bellevue staff is AWESOME and saved my hide!

The day I got the fully charged loaner, I headed to Cle Elum for an annual military honors ceremony. The Enterprise Nissan Leaf was not going to make it in that awful weather, but the Rivian made it a breeze.

We made it to Wenatchee and biked a couple days while staying at the State Park near town. Then on a whim, we decided to head north for LARCH MADNESS and do a couple hikes in the North Cascades. We scored a spot at a state park outside Winthrop and headed west from there, riding again in Arlington.

Big thanks to Bellevue staff, especially Clare, for keeping me well apprised of the repairs and setting me up for success with a loaner! Even with 20" ATs, the guessometer was incredibly accurate and gave us total confidence in this trip.

PXL_20231008_154734167~3 (1).jpg

PXL_20231007_210955944.jpg
Enchantments hike might be the best I've ever done. Just gorgeous views all the way through

Sponsored

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What's going on at the front? Klingon cloaking device?
🤭 My terrible "magic eraser" skills removing the hookup pedestal. I couldn't get a good pic with fall colors without it in there.

Rivian R1T R1S When life gives you a cracked subframe...Rivian staff save the day! PXL_20231008_154734167

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
So are there any symptoms to the cracked subframe? Is service just finding this issue routinely? Seems like a decent number of owners have reported replacements without working their trucks very hard.
I agree this is a little worrying.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I think it is something on certain early builds, maybe suspect welding and they are doing inspections to find the issue when they have potentially impacted trucks in the shop.

No symptoms in my case, they just added sub frame inspection to my work order and then replaced it when they found an issue.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I think it is something on certain early builds, maybe suspect welding and they are doing inspections to find the issue when they have potentially impacted trucks in the shop.

No symptoms in my case, they just added sub frame inspection to my work order and then replaced it when they found an issue.
Well, that's also troubling as well.. what if we have no upcoming SC appointments scheduled? We just ride around with a cracked subframe?

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
I am an early VIN 4xxx for the R1T also. Will go through my service visit paperwork and see if a subframe inspection was included in any.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Well, that's also troubling as well.. what if we have no upcoming SC appointments scheduled? We just ride around with a cracked subframe?
Well I am sure if there was imminent danger of a catastrophic failure or causing some kind of other damage they would issue a recall or some other notice to effected customers. I'm only guessing but I wouldn't be concerned.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What @jjswan33 said, nothing to be concerned about. We did numerous trips with this same setup this year and no "symptoms." Like he said, it really only affects early builds and they're handling it superbly.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

What @jjswan33 said, nothing to be concerned about. We did numerous trips with this same setup this year and no "symptoms." Like he said, it really only affects early builds and they're handling it superbly.
Define “early builds”?

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

My VIN is in the low 3000s
Thanks. Mine’s in the low 4000s, and is going in next week for something else. I wonder if I should ask them to check, or they do it automatically. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored