Sponsored

When is the next delay?

When will Rivian announce their next delay?

• Total voters

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

We are down to the last week of September. When will Rivian announce a delay in deliveries?

I say tommorow afternoon and hope the press isn't paying attention. Plus, if someone does report it, we will all forget about it when reviews start popping up next week.
Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Bruh they’re holding a media event in Breckinridge literally right now. The embargo is probably up on Monday. They’ll announce first customer deliveries probably same day or that week. Test drives begin next week too.

Keep up. Think ahead.

OP
OP
Ladiver

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think they will have great press releases and feel good stories of a handful of test drives, but I don't think we will see more guide contacts and customer deliveries in the next 7 days.

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Officially they will hit their September goal, so no delay will need to be announced. In practice though, only a token few will see delivery and things won't ramp up for the general public for a couple months.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Officially they will hit their September goal, so no delay will need to be announced. In practice though, only a token few will see delivery and things won't ramp up for the general public for a couple months.
This is exactly right. They’re won’t be an official delay - they’ll hit the September target of some deliveries - so there’ll be no announcement along the lines of what you said. I do think R1S deliveries will quietly be pushed out yet again as part of some timing announcements in next week’s events, though.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Assuming they hit the September delivery for a vehicle, the only timelines that i know of are

All LE guide contacts by end of November.
January deliveries of non-LE models.
All LE deliveries by end of spring 2022.

They have some time before they have to announce any delays.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
At least add a "soon" option to make this worth our while ...

mike22co

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X3 (x2), s00n R1S
Occupation
Person
My pure speculation is:
  • Everyone that went to the drive event in Normal will get their vehicles next week, plus a few other influencers, like the Rivian Stories guys.
  • People that attend the first drive events next week will be taken in for financing and final orders that same day
  • Lots of press will start happening next week
  • 600 (or more) LE R1T will be in the hands of customers by mid-November
There, I said it, now I can see if it happens. ?

Sponsored

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
My pure speculation is:
  • Everyone that went to the drive event in Normal will get their vehicles next week, plus a few other influencers, like the Rivian Stories guys.
  • People that attend the first drive events next week will be taken in for financing and final orders that same day
Maybe, but the folks that went to the Normal event a while back as well as the Normal event coming up placed orders at different times and in some cases ordered the R1S. I'd like to think that some folks who ordered in the first few minutes back in Nov 2018 and have up and running service centers nearby might be a little higher on the list. I have no idea what the actual delivery process might look like, so just speculating (as are most of us) at what might happen. I will say that being one of those early order folks I find myself refreshing my email at an entirely unhealthy frequency.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

My pure speculation is:
Not very realistic. I'm not planning on brining my checkbook or my truck title(trade in) when I go down Thursday.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Yo Kan, I should have realized this but you and I are same order area and both R1s. I am also May 2019. I am 15-20 mi from the Brooklyn NY service center. Where are you?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yo Kan, I should have realized this but you and I are same order area and both R1s. I am also May 2019. I am 15-20 mi from the Brooklyn NY service center. Where are you?

Located near Washington DC and always willing to make the drive up for any such events. Hopefully they allow that. I asked them on twitter with no response.
Sponsored