Sponsored

When is the earliest we'll be on the hook to make a purchase?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I'm convinced & committed. Would love to test drive just got get hands on, but not needed for me.

I should have a very early R1S, and can't get it soon enough. I have confidence in the drivetrain, and am sure most bugs & service issues will be handled properly (and probably most "fixes" via software).
Sponsored

thibbitts

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 FJ cruiser 2018 4runner
They should do a test drive event in Austin. I would be happy to drive over from College Station. They could hold the event at the huge Cybertruck factory parking lot. Wouldn't that be fun!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They should do a test drive event in Austin. I would be happy to drive over from College Station. They could hold the event at the huge Cybertruck factory parking lot. Wouldn't that be fun!
I think Austin is a likely location, and wouldn't be surprised by DFW and Houston either.

I will hopefully be making trips again soon to B/CS for work, COVID permitting. Gig 'em.

And I'll definitely be there next Aug/Sept with my R1S, and would be happy to let you check it out!

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
I think Austin is a likely location, and wouldn't be surprised by DFW and Houston either.
Any of those would be great. But worst case scenario, I have to wait for skyote to get his early reservation and offer test drives to others ;)

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any of those would be great. But worst case scenario, I have to wait for skyote to get his early reservation and offer test drives to others ;)
Consider it done. My brother lives in DFW (I'm actually in Flower Mound right now), and I venture to Houston as well.

Sponsored

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Consider it done. My brother lives in DFW (I'm actually in Flower Mound right now), and I venture to Houston as well.
Ha. I was in Flower Mound in Sept. Best friend lives there. Had some business in McKinney.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
I don't think we'll get all the colors, exterior and interior, at a test drive location. Probably one each of a R1T and R1S in popular colors, white, Rivian blue, El Cap and maybe Launch green, with color swatches for the rest. I'm 30 miles from San Jose, so whether I go to them or they come to me doesn't make much difference.

What worries me: 1) no R1S's will be available for the first test drives, 2) two versus three row seating configurations in the R1S, including the "flat" floor, will still be up in the air, 3) trade-in and delivery options will still be up in the air, 4) the R1T will look too good to pass up.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I live about 15 minutes from the Irvine site. I am hoping they will do test drives from there and I will see the various colors out and about.

I went with Compass Yellow. It looks really good in some pictures and really yellow in others??

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I live about 15 minutes from the Irvine site. I am hoping they will do test drives from there and I will see the various colors out and about.

I went with Compass Yellow. It looks really good in some pictures and really yellow in others??
They are opening a sales/showroom site in Laguna Beach, that should have several vehicles at it. I am willing to travel there from Phoenix.

https://patch.com/california/lagunabeach/laguna-cinemas-prepares-sequel-showcasing-electric-vehicles

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts

Sponsored

MichaelW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XFR, Ford Mustang GT, Mazda Miata, Smart ForTwo
I interpreted the original question very differently.

I thought they were asking "how far in advance of delivery does Rivian expect payment or some sort of buyers contract. Some of us will require financing and may be selling our current car on the open market as part of this transaction.

Should people who ordered the LE be expecting to shell out cash in June or are they going to start hitting people up in Q2?

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I worry about the opposite. With the Virus getting worse every week will they be forced to shut down and or will they have trouble getting Parts? When they had to close earlier this year the Virus was not as bad as it is now. Hopefully this won’t happen.
Ahh. Good point. I hope not. Originally I really thought I would be getting a Rivian December 2020. Now, for the 400 mile range model, I am probably looking at Feb/March 2022. If there are any more delays it will be pretty disappointing.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The article does specify TWO vehicles. It is a small venue.
And I was really hoping we would be hearing more about this.
Most Tesla stores I've been in have only two vehicles on display. One R1T and one R1S is really all you need in the showroom. Then you have a wall showing the paint samples and interior swatches.

They might have another couple vehicles parked in back or in the parking lot so they can do demo drives.
Sponsored