Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
From everything I have seen, the SuperCruise system (in many cases) rivals our exceeds the capabilities of both Autopilot and FSD (in its current form) and Blue Cruise. I'm not sure about Ford, but Tesla is also happy to charge a subscription fee for FSD.
SuperCruise exceeds current AP on pre-defined highways only.

On these corridors, it acts as a true "level 3" system. The current GA version of AP is only level 2. My Honda HRV has Level 2 as well. Its an inferior level 2 compared to AP, but it's still level 2. The levels are very important as far as capabilities and expectations.

The key here is current. The beta version of AP that is already in the wild, has already surpassed SuperCruise, because it works full hands free on city streets. Its targeting a full level 4, and since it is in beta now it is very reasonable to expect it to GA shortly. Eventually they will target level 5. Importantly, these updates are pure software because the hardware in the vehicle is already up to running the task, with it's custom chip.

GM has never given any actual information on if they plan to software update current generation cars to level 4 or level 5. For all we know, it's impossible.

This is the information I want from Rivian. I want to know if my vehicle is going to still be useful in 5 years or if it will be a venerable paperweight.
Sponsored

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
The key here is current. The beta version of AP that is already in the wild, has already surpassed SuperCruise, because it works on city streets. Its targeting a full level 4. Eventually they will target level 5. Importantly, these updates are pure software because the hardware in the vehicle is already up to running the task, with it's custom chip.
That is demonstrably false and I really wish people would stop parroting that crap.

Tesla has confirmed, via their lawyers, that "the system erroneously marketed as auto pilot" will NEVER be more than a Level 2 system.

People need to stop drinking the Elon Kool-Aid.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
That is demonstrably false and I really wish people would stop parroting that crap.

Tesla has confirmed, via their lawyers, that "the system erroneously marketed as auto pilot" will NEVER be more than a Level 2 system.

People need to stop drinking the Elon Kool-Aid.
Tesla FSD is a complete fraud

OP
OP

riviancanucknb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram 1500
I have no clue where you're getting your infromation.

You can watch recordings of Teslas acting as Level 4 now with the AP beta, on YouTube.

That's my source, actual real people using it in the real world. What's yours?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I have no clue where you're getting your infromation.

You can watch recordings of Teslas acting as Level 4 now with the AP beta, on YouTube.

That's my source, actual real people using it in the real world. What's yours?
Exactly my point. You're watching marketing wank and taking it as fact rather than the WANK that it actually is.

Elon has been slapped, multiple times, for lying to the public to try to influence Tesla stock price.

A far more accurate assessment of the status of FSD/AP would be to read what Tesla puts, in writing, in response to government inquiries about it's actual capabilities.

When it comes to sales, Tesla promises the moon. When it comes to brass tacks, Tesla is careful to point out that their claims are NOT factual.

https://www.plainsite.org/documents/242a2g/california-dmv-tesla-robotaxi--fsd-emails/

The key correspondence comes from December 28, 2020, between Tesla’s associate general counsel Eric C. Williams and California DMV’s chief of the autonomous vehicles branch, Miguel D. Acosta. A letter details the capabilities of both Autopilot and FSD: “Currently neither Autopilot nor FSD Capability is an autonomous system, and currently no comprising feature, whether singularly or collectively, is autonomous or makes our vehicles autonomous,” Williams states.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35785277/tesla-fsd-california-self-driving/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.