Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
To be fair, he did say "flagship" and I don't consider the Suburban to be a flagship or halo product. Escalade would fill that role for GM and it does have available SuperCruise.
I don’t consider supercruise an autopilot system yet. supercruise is limited to pre-approved interstates. And you need to subscribe to their onstar service for it to work on the 2021 Escalade. I really hope rivian doesn’t take this same approach.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I don’t consider supercruise an autopilot system yet. supercruise is limited to pre-approved interstates. And you need to subscribe to their onstar service for it to work on the 2021 Escalade. I really hope rivian doesn’t take this same approach.
I agree that a subscription requirement would be terrible, especially for a system that isn't proven, and it's likely immature compared to the competition.

From everything I have seen, the SuperCruise system (in many cases) rivals our exceeds the capabilities of both Autopilot and FSD (in its current form) and Blue Cruise. I'm not sure about Ford, but Tesla is also happy to charge a subscription fee for FSD.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
I have ZERO trust in the Tesla AP systems. Was it nice? Absolutely. But there are a lot of limitations out of the control of the car such as weather. So AP3 is really limited to things Tesla can't claim, but they still bullshit their way around. The phantom breaking and random steering are bat shit crazy. I have had 2 MS and both had major flaws. I would much rather have a less advanced but more accurate system.

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Nope. The importance of what Billyk24 said is that Tesla has admitted to the DOT that "FSD" will ONLY be level 2 capable. They have told the DOT that they NEVER plan to release anything more than level 2 under the current FSD system. Customers who have paid for "FSD" will NOT receive level 3, let alone 4/5.
That's the grift. They call it "FSD" and keep it eternally in beta or alpha testing to free them from liability and people will pay that premium because they think they will run a fleet of Cybertrucks as robotaxis "soon" LOL

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
GM includes OnStar with new vehicles for the first five years of ownership.

Rivian will likely do something similar.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
That's the grift. They call it "FSD" and keep it eternally in beta or alpha testing to free them from liability and people will pay that premium because they think they will run a fleet of Cybertrucks as robotaxis "soon" LOL
Why wouldn't they think that? They've been told by Musk himself that Teslas are appreciating assets because of FSD!

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

That would already be ahead of most all of the legacy companies. AP1? Legacy companies already feature what auto pilot does and more on those models with such.
I have a model Y and have owned several vehicles with Lane assist and adaptive cruise control. none of them even hold a flame to Auto pilot.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I stand corrected. Even still, 3 months is a far cry from 5 years.
5 years was for the basic plan (that's what I got when I bought my Sierra Denali). It supports remote start, remote lock/unlock, sending addresses to the navigation -- stuff like that.

Chevy may give less than GMC for the basic tier? I don't know. I thought they were the same, however.

I was not interested in paying $30 a month for the higher tier.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I stand corrected. Even still, 3 months is a far cry from 5 years.
The 5 years is for the basic function of the app that will lock/unlock/remote start. I know because it ran out on my 2015 truck last year & I'm not paying $13(?)/month for the basic Onstar package that lets me use the app instead of my key fob...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing