When Does Delivery Step 8 Open?

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Does anyone know if payment and insurance are actually required to be completed before you can schedule delivery? Or does it just open when the vehicle is ready to schedule for delivery? I've got all my stuff done minus those. It doesn't make sense to have the payment/loan stuff done and pay for insurance without a delivery date.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone know if payment and insurance are actually required to be completed before you can schedule delivery? Or does it just open when the vehicle is ready to schedule for delivery? I've got all my stuff done minus those. It doesn't make sense to have the payment/loan stuff done and pay for insurance without a delivery date.
Ours opened and was scheduled the next business day after guide contact. Down payment is set, but I still have step 5 open waiting for the bank to quit dragging their feet and send a check. So it seems like they will do step 8 even with other steps being open.

Flannelpants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza
The trigger for my step 8 opening was the local service center receiving the truck. At the point that I was contacted by them, steps 1-6 were already complete. It was noted delivery would not actually take place without step 7 being completed, which makes sense.

OP
OP
AdamUCF

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
The trigger for my step 8 opening was the local service center receiving the truck. At the point that I was contacted by them, steps 1-6 were already complete. It was noted delivery would not actually take place without step 7 being completed, which makes sense.
My guide indicated that the SC got the truck yesterday. Hopefully it passes PDI soon šŸ˜¬

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdamUCF

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Just got my appointment set.
JSON:
{
    "data": {
        "transactionStatus": {
            "__typename": "TransactionStatus",
            "isConsumerFlowComplete": false
        },
        "delivery": {
            "__typename": "Delivery",
            "deliveryStatus": "APPT_SCHEDULED",
            "carrier": "RIVIAN",
            "deliveryAddress": {
                "__typename": "DeliveryAddress",
                "addressLine1": "1234 Lake St",
                "addressLine2": "",
                "city": "Lake City",
                "state": "FL",
                "country": "US",
                "zipcode": "12345"
            },
            "deliveryAppointment": {
                "__typename": "DeliveryAppointment",
                "appointmentId": "5353b5cf-57c2-4bfa-86dc-afc52bc30577",
                "startDateTime": "2022-06-24T17:30:00",
                "endDateTime": "2022-06-24T18:30:00",
                "timeZone": "America/New_York"
            }
        }
    }
}

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I got a text from a local service agent asking when I wanted to schedule delivery. I couldn't complete step 8 online ever. It just showed up as complete after I texted back an acceptable delivery date.

Legi0n

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Blue
Occupation
IT
Clubs

For me it became an issue. They had the truck in town and had scheduled a delivery. I had to delay a couple of times waiting on my credit union to send and them to receive payment. They also seemed keen on validating that my insurance was valid as well. Just my experience. -Drew

OP
OP
AdamUCF

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
For me it became an issue. They had the truck in town and had scheduled a delivery. I had to delay a couple of times waiting on my credit union to send and them to receive payment. They also seemed keen on validating that my insurance was valid as well. Just my experience. -Drew
Thanks! Was the tracking/check copy good enough or did Rivian have to actually have the check in hand? Supposed to have delivery tomorrow and my CU is supposed to be overnighting the check today.

Legi0n

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Blue
Occupation
IT
Clubs

It was my understanding that it would have been good enough. My credit union did not follow the details and I was on the on the other side of the country and could only email and created a lag. My guide and everyone at Rivian was excellent and very flexible.

Sponsored

travbz814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, M3P
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S When Does Delivery Step 8 Open? F93B5920-FFD7-47ED-8091-455536F0790B

Iā€™ve been using a python script to monitor my delivery status. I got an alert that the Delivery step changed to ā€œDelivery_Unlockedā€.

When I look at the step its showing up different but I canā€™t select it. Click pops up the Guide contact info.

Anyone else experience this? Is it just not fully unlocked yet?

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Mine didnā€™t unlock until the service center contacted me and asked me what day I wanted delivery. Once I responded it went from locked to completed.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
When I look at the step its showing up different but I canā€™t select it. Click pops up the Guide contact info.

Anyone else experience this? Is it just not fully unlocked yet?
Yes. Exactly as you described. So I called my guide to ask "WTF?" and he told me that it will remain frozen until the delivery people contact me. When I noted that I had a VIN so that he should be able to tell me where the truck is he said he didn't have that information.

I think we all assume that these trucks were one's that have been rejected by those that reserved them originally for some reason or had some major flaw discovered during inspection at the factory. I suspect that these latter are sitting at the factory waiting for a replacement part or somesuch.

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Iā€™m waiting for step 8 to unlock. Does anyone know if service centers are working and can schedule deliveries on weekends? My guide said earlier in the week he thought my truck would arrive there on Friday. Hoping to get it asap! Would it be weird if I called the service center?

pfbz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (ordered), F150, Q5, 911 Turbo(s)
As others mentioned, local service center contacted for setting up delivery time/date before uploading final proof of insurance and proof of payment (copy of the certified check I used to pay).

It's a nice idea on the fully automated system, but they still are doing it pretty much manually between the guide and service center once you sign the purchase agreement and have a VIN assigned and enroute.
Sponsored