Sponsored

When are we going to see a positive headline for Rivian that bumps the stock?

When are we going to see a positive headline for Rivian that bumps the stock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
These headlines are rough. One day after the other just killing the stock. So…
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
My guess late 2024. This year is going to be a dumpster fire for all segments in the markets, especially startups so not surprising to see them languish where they are.

By mid/late 2024 we should see good progress on the R1 production, we will have a feel for how the EDV market is going to be, fingers crossed they get that contracted reworked. We should also see major progress on the R2 plant. If all three of these have favorable outlooks by mid/late 2024 we should see movement. If there is not major advancements in the R2 plant by then they will struggle, this will be the major area that needs to maintain momentum.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
My guess late 2024. This year is going to be a dumpster fire for all segments in the markets, especially startups so not surprising to see them languish where they are.

By mid/late 2024 we should see good progress on the R1 production, we will have a feel for how the EDV market is going to be, fingers crossed they get that contracted reworked. We should also see major progress on the R2 plant. If all three of these have favorable outlooks by mid/late 2024 we should see movement. If there is not major advancements in the R2 plant by then they will struggle, this will be the major area that needs to maintain momentum.
Rivian is trading below equity book value and right now has zero to slightly negative enterprise value.

I just don’t get it…

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The majority of the financial media love to beat up on EV companies. Tesla got the same treatment until they cleared some imaginary hurdle that suddenly made them as popular as gold.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
The majority of the financial media love to beat up on EV companies. Tesla got the same treatment until they cleared some imaginary hurdle that suddenly made them as popular as gold.
Yeah, I get it. Every headline drops the stock by nearly $0.50 or more. At this rate, Rivian has 26 more headlines until it hits zero

Sponsored

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Liquidity is still not great in this stock and i bet there's still tonnes of retail investors freaking out who'll sell into any up day. If you're a true believer, you should be backing the truck up here.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think we just need some actual bad news for the stock to go up instead of this news these "analysts" think is bad.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yeah, I get it. Every headline drops the stock by nearly $0.50 or more. At this rate, Rivian has 26 more headlines until it hits zero
If Rivian is able to increase the pace of deliveries and keeps adding happy customers, eventually Wall Street will be unable to ignore the success. It doesn't make any sense though - Lucid doesn't seem to get the same punching bag treatment, but maybe that is because Rivian is more of an actual player in the big picture.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
If Rivian is able to increase the pace of deliveries and keeps adding happy customers, eventually Wall Street will be unable to ignore the success. It doesn't make any sense though - Lucid doesn't seem to get the same punching bag treatment, but maybe that is because Rivian is more of an actual player in the big picture.
Lucid actually has a higher market value than Rivian now. Wtf

FrictionlessLube

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 WRX, ‘20 Forester
Clubs

TSLA was a small stock for years and years then it exploded, then Elon wouldn't STFU and it tanked some. Rivian IPO was a year and a half ago and just started shipping less than a year ago. I'm in it for the long haul. Give it a few years and some new models and hopefully cheaper models so more people can afford to buy them and it'll be to the moon. No marketing besides word of mouth and no name presence yet. Give it time.
The market kills me though. Apple will have 100 billion in profit, but because they were off by half a million from projections, the stock tanks from missed estimates. Give me a break...

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Rivian is trading below equity book value and right now has zero to slightly negative enterprise value.

I just don’t get it…
Yes, it is tough, I expected it to drop after the IPO but not as far as it did. Tesla coming back down to a more realistic value has not helped as now people are leery of EV companies so not seeing a lot of individuals buying in.

I took the opportunity to pick some up as it has been going down to lower my average price. I bought it for a long haul, at least 5 years so I am not too concerned about the prices right now.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Lucid actually has a higher market value than Rivian now. Wtf
Exactly. Which for me is a perfect reason to ignore most of the stock "analysis". Most of it makes little sense. If someone took a stinky poo in the employee bathroom at the factory it affects the stock price for some reason. It's BS.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
My prediction is fairly soon because I believe Amazon and Rivian will end their exclusivity agreement soon.

I predict that will bump the stock up a bit as obviously lots of companies want EV delivery vans.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
My prediction is fairly soon because I believe Amazon and Rivian will end their exclusivity agreement soon.

I predict that will bump the stock up a bit as obviously lots of companies want EV delivery vans.
I want to see “FedEx/UPS agree to purchase 100.000 EDVs”

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Why do people want the stock price to go up so bad in short-term? I understand wanting to recoup losses, but RIVN was a long-play from the start. I would argue RIVN is exactly where it should be, considering they haven’t scaled production and proven sustainability yet. For non-institutional investors, this is a great opportunity to accumulate larger positions over time, at a discount.
Sponsored