Sponsored

Wheel spacers for OEM wheels

zapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I'm looking for some wheel spacers, mainly to improve to look of the truck.
I'm running the 20" AT wheels.

Any recommendations on sizes and brands for wheels spacers?

Thanks guys!
Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I had 5mm spacers on my 21 inch wheels / tires. Barely noticed any difference. Unfortunately, can't safely go much more than that.

Last edited:

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list, I have a problem!
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Not exactly spacer related, but I am running a more aggressive wheel/tire combo that put's the tire about 18mm further outward overall. It's all done in my wheel offset (+19mm) and to me the fit is more aggressive without loosing function or range.

bmedfo1

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T launch edition 20" AT Carbon wrap
Occupation
CFO
I did the math based on how many turns my lug nuts went on, and determined I could only use 6mm spacers to keep acceptable thread engagement without needing much larger spacers with new studs.

I’ve heard these 5mm spacers fit, but probably won’t do much to improve look.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008J74IRC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Since you have already measured the studs do you happen to know what the minimum thickness of the spacer would need to be to use the thicker style spacer that bolts on to the factory studs and then has its own studs that the wheel attaches to?

I found a picture of the back of the 20" and surprisingly there is a cut out right where the stock studs would stick though so we might even be able to do something like a 1" or 1.5" spacer even if the studs are slightly longer than that.

I like the idea of using a hubcentric spacer though and no one seems to make ones that are the right fit 5x5.5 m14x1.5mm 64.1 center bore but I did find this website that you can customize the spacer but they are expensive so I would want to get it right.

(Stock 275/65/20"
a 1" spacer would be +23 offset (out 25mm) and from what I have read should not rub
a 1.25"spacer would be +16 offset (out 32mm) might rub a little. this is what im thinking of trying.
a 1.5" spacer would be +10 offset (out 38mm) and will probably rub a little on low.

https://www.uswheeladapters.com/shop/5-lug-custom-wheel-spacers-hcez/

Rivian R1T R1S Wheel spacers for OEM wheels 1680196410243

Rivian R1T R1S Wheel spacers for OEM wheels 1680196582968

Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Since you have already measured the studs do you happen to know what the minimum thickness of the spacer would need to be to use the thicker style spacer that bolts on to the factory studs and then has its own studs that the wheel attaches to?

I found a picture of the back of the 20" and surprisingly there is a cut out right where the stock studs would stick though so we might even be able to do something like a 1" or 1.5" spacer even if the studs are slightly longer than that.

I like the idea of using a hubcentric spacer though and no one seems to make ones that are the right fit 5x5.5 m14x1.5mm 64.1 center bore but I did find this website that you can customize the spacer but they are expensive so I would want to get it right.

(Stock 275/65/20"
a 1" spacer would be +23 offset (out 25mm) and from what I have read should not rub
a 1.25"spacer would be +16 offset (out 32mm) might rub a little. this is what im thinking of trying.
a 1.5" spacer would be +10 offset (out 38mm) and will probably rub a little on low.

https://www.uswheeladapters.com/shop/5-lug-custom-wheel-spacers-hcez/

1680196410243.png

1680196582968.png
Very cool. I didn’t actually measure the length of the stud, just number of turns of thread engagement to see how many turns I could remove. Keep us posted on your idea, seems great.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Not exactly spacer related, but I am running a more aggressive wheel/tire combo that put's the tire about 18mm further outward overall. It's all done in my wheel offset (+19mm) and to me the fit is more aggressive without loosing function or range.
saw your instagram post you getting 2.5 mi/kWh on those tires?!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Dont do spacers on a 7,000lb+ vehicle please lol.

I saw that on the news last week, crazy how high that car went. If that was a movie scene we would be laughing at how exaggerated it was.

Fortunately no one was hurt and the lady driving the SUV walked away.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

saw your instagram post you getting 2.5 mi/kWh on those tires?!
2.5 was my average from both 21's & 20" AT's. On the AT's alone I am 2.0-2.1

Sponsored

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Canyon Red R1T, 2022 Blue Model Y,
Occupation
Software Engineering Manager
Yeah I think these trucks have way too much mass and torque to safely handle any spacers...

White Shadow

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
Dont do spacers on a 7,000lb+ vehicle please lol.

I really doubt the truck had spacers installed. More likely, just an extreme offset wheel like every other bro-dozer driver who likes the monster truck look. I'm pretty sure that wheels/tires that stick out past the edge of the fenders is illegal in every state.

FirstStateR1T

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Mech. E/GM/COO
Clubs

Better than my 1.98 on 21’s! :mad:
I was seeing as high as 2.73 on long haul conserve mode highway trips with minimal elevation...
Sponsored