Sponsored

Wheel Options Comparison Table anywhere?

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

Just wondering if someone had taken the time to put together a table to compare the 20, 21 and 22 wheel options. I am max pack holder with access to the 'store' and am tempted to just pull the trigger on something that is close to my original config (less the max pack of course). In finding something close, I may need to change my wheel choice (20").

Alas, I am ADHD so I don't have the patience to create a nice little table and my memory, well....I'm old :). However, I've read enough posts to know that there are a lot of OCD types out there and, therefore, a pretty good chance that someone may have already done this. Basically looking for a table that has various attributes like efficiency hit, ride quality, off-road capability, road noise, sense for how many non OEM tire options exist, etc. Perhaps this has already been created and I just missed it?
Sponsored

scottiedoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I couldn't find the original thread, but this one has a table of tire options per wheel size: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/20”-at-vs-21”-standard-tires.3554/post-97500 Though it includes non OEM sizes too.

I don't think there has been enough data or people that have tried all the options to get the efficiency difference but you will find people have been trying new tires here and do post their findings as they continue to travel, but no table that I have seen. For other info, I would just search that tire's review on other sites that is a much larger base of comments with ride quality, noise, wear, etc.

OP
OP

OldGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Grand Cherokee 4xe
Clubs

I couldn't find the original thread, but this one has a table of tire options per wheel size: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/20”-at-vs-21”-standard-tires.3554/post-97500 Though it includes non OEM sizes too.

I don't think there has been enough data or people that have tried all the options to get the efficiency difference but you will find people have been trying new tires here and do post their findings as they continue to travel, but no table that I have seen. For other info, I would just search that tire's review on other sites that is a much larger base of comments with ride quality, noise, wear, etc.
Thanks. Yeah, I've read a ton of stuff but it all starts running together. Of course, much of it is either subjective (like ride comfort) or YMMV and must be taken with a grain of salt. I was hoping for something that reflected a general distillation of the longer commentaries. For example, people generally seeing a reduction of x-y% on the 20's vs the 21's or most people felt the 20's had the most compliant ride or the 22's are capable in moderate off-roading situations. I guess the bottom line is I'm just too lazy to put the time and effort into doing this myself so I'll just have to cross my fingers.

Enjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i
Clubs

Have you watched Kyle's comparison? I found it helpful for some basic information, but it's mostly focused on energy consumption.