What's the proper way to mount?

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
I'm about 5'7 and still have not figured out a good way to get in/out without awkward body motions and getting caught up by the left seat bolster. I've tried to use the ceiling handle but the position is too far back to be useful. I wish there was a handle on the A pillar (and B pillar for middle row). I may get runners eventually but hoping for any suggestions in the meantime?

I'm hesitant to use the automatic kneel mode due to concern about wear on the air compressor.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm about 5'7 and still have not figured out a good way to get in/out without awkward body motions and getting caught up by the left seat bolster. I've tried to use the ceiling handle but the position is too far back to be useful. I wish there was a handle on the A pillar (and B pillar for middle row). I may get runners eventually but hoping for any suggestions in the meantime?

I'm hesitant to use the automatic kneel mode due to concern about wear on the air compressor.
5'6" here...I just grab the wheel and place my right foot on the floor and hoist myself up. Works well enough in Standard height that I turned off kneel mode.

Iatros786

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, 997 Turbo, Q7
Clubs

I bought the running boards for my wife and kids...

And i appreciate using them now lol

OP
OP

Tony R1S

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S QM 21
Thanks all, okay I'll try the kneel mode until I get the runners!

jemkewl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

The air compressor is is utilized consistently while driving, parking, leveling, etc. in the background with no driver / passenger intervention. How much stress kneel mode adds is a topic that comes up often here. Many have concluded it to be immaterial - others disagree. 8 year warranty. Use the truck however you want.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

The air compressor is is utilized consistently while driving, parking, leveling, etc. in the background with no driver / passenger intervention. How much stress kneel mode adds is a topic that comes up often here. Many have concluded it to be immaterial - others disagree. 8 year warranty. Use the truck however you want.
I thought the 8 years was for drivetrain and high voltage battery only with 5 years/60,000 miles comprehensive:
https://rivian.com/support/article/what-is-the-warranty-coverage-on-a-new-rivian

Sponsored

SparkyR1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t/Model Y
Occupation
Retired Commercial Electrician and mechanic
Yeah too bad the grab handles are not mounted on the front windshield pillars where they would actually be useful.
My wife is 4’11” and using kneel mode in the beginning helped some until we installed the EVSport running boards. Now kneel mode is turned off and she is able to step right in.

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
Amen, use mine all the time and I’m 6’. The one or two times I didn’t use, I pulled a groin muscle getting in and out of the truck, though I would like to sliders or running boards..😎
Sponsored