Sponsored

What's the point of "Launch Green" if you're not going to launch with it??

trickflow

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 performance, Toyota 4runner
I originally spec-ed Rivian Blue/Black Mountain. Along the way I switched to Launch Green/Ocean Coast. :CWL:

We have a small sample size so far. I think location / order date likely still is a much larger factor than exterior color.
I can say that's not the case.

I have a Launch Green with Green interior and live in Simi Valley with a 2018 order date. Another forum member has blue/black, also Live in Simi Valley with a 2019 order date. He was contacted already and I was not.

Seems that color does have more to do with it.
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
So, I'm confused on why others are confused. Launch Green is a limited availability color. It's ONLY available right now during the pre-order phase. That's why it is called Launch Green, not because it will be the first color shipped. Personally, I'm down for a Launch Green because I like the shade of the color (it's basically olive drab from the Army and I've seen this confirmed in other threads based on CS conversations), not because it gets me a higher place in the delivery order.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
So, I'm confused on why others are confused. Launch Green is a limited availability color. It's ONLY available right now during the pre-order phase. That's why it is called Launch Green, not because it will be the first color shipped. Personally, I'm down for a Launch Green because I like the shade of the color (it's basically olive drab from the Army and I've seen this confirmed in other threads based on CS conversations), not because it gets me a higher place in the delivery order.
Sure, I get it. But, I still think it would have been fun if they had put the LG as the priority color, since they are apparently making color a contact, and probably production, factor. Launching with Launch Green would have been pretty sweet.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I would take any/all comments from CS with a metric sh*t ton of salt.
Not that it's their fault. I truly believe they are given a script to follow and probably get their information merely minutes before the info is public.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Everyone.

It's been 8 business hours since they started.

Lets all chill out and grab a glass of your favorite beverage and maybe calm down.?

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Everyone.

It's been 8 business hours since they started.

Lets all chill out and grab a glass of your favorite beverage and maybe calm down.?
Let's take some of the salt and make margaritas.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
They have to go by order number really, if a lot of people earlier on had different colors vs launch green it will probably be a logistical night mare so they could be coordinating in batches. Blue, Blacks earlier holders. Launch green earlier holders, etc
And yet even still, if launch green is simply the primer and a clear coat, then pure logic dictates that’s the most simple to get first out the gate. There would also be the least chance people would be angry that launch green was first to ship because that way they aren’t “picking sides” of a color choice.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
And yet even still, if launch green is simply the primer and a clear coat, then pure logic dictates that’s the most simple to get first out the gate. There would also be the least chance people would be angry that launch green was first to ship because that way they aren’t “picking sides” of a color choice.
I’ll go on a limb and say there’s no way LG is lust primer with a clear coat. LG was inspired by the look of primer on prototypes, and LG may or may not end up looking a lot like primer color... but there’s no way the production trucks are just primer with a clear coat thrown on.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
...I truly believe they (customer service) are given a script to follow and probably get their information merely minutes before the info is public.
God, I hope so - can you imagine trying to work with a company where CS just constantly wings it?

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
This must be Launch Green

Rivian R1T R1S What's the point of "Launch Green" if you're not going to launch with it?? 409621D4-F45E-40AE-94AD-C1F90CB11B4A

Rivian R1T R1S What's the point of "Launch Green" if you're not going to launch with it?? 4B04AA50-EDA3-49B2-9455-662399635315

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I think that’s still just the primer. It looks polished but not clear coated. The door handles aren’t painted yet either.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
That was not my understanding. I thought it was going to be the first color shipped. They wanted the initial batch to be a standard color and battery configuration. It seems as though I misunderstood and ordered launch green under a different mindset than what is actually happening.

from the website:
“The first Electric Adventure Vehicles on the road will be our Launch Edition — a special release of the R1T and R1S with limited availability in 2021. Reservations for Launch Edition are now full, and no longer available to configure.

Complete with special interior badging with an exclusive Launch Green color option, Launch Edition is equipped with a 300+ mile Large pack and our premium Adventure Package. With Launch Edition, you're also able to select upgraded wheels and tires at no additional cost.”

Again, I read this differently than what is happening.

guernsej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Raptor; 2015 X5
The first vehicles on the road will be the launch edition. Launch edition has an exclusive color option.

I see how that could be misconstrued as launch editions will prioritize launch green for rollout, but that's not what it says.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
That was not my understanding. I thought it was going to be the first color shipped. They wanted the initial batch to be a standard color and battery configuration. It seems as though I misunderstood and ordered launch green under a different mindset than what is actually happening.

from the website:
“The first Electric Adventure Vehicles on the road will be our Launch Edition — a special release of the R1T and R1S with limited availability in 2021. Reservations for Launch Edition are now full, and no longer available to configure.

Complete with special interior badging with an exclusive Launch Green color option, Launch Edition is equipped with a 300+ mile Large pack and our premium Adventure Package. With Launch Edition, you're also able to select upgraded wheels and tires at no additional cost.”

Again, I read this differently than what is happening.
so because you didn’t read it correctly, they are wrong?

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
so because you didn’t read it correctly, they are wrong?
I don’t think it’s a matter of being wrong. I think most people logically thought that Launch Edition Green would be the first color produced. The way they have kept the color such a secret only added to the mystery and still does.
Sponsored